Modpacks not playable

• Tech Support section is for getting help with FTB related problems. If there's a repeatable issue that can be labeled as a bug, then please use the issue tracker for the pack or the app at GitHub issue trackers - If there's no repository for a pack that means that the pack is old and/or will not be updated. Bugs for older packs will not be fixed, unless they are critical.
Status
Not open for further replies.

PeculiarNode

Jul 29, 2019
Title:
Modpacks not playable
Launcher Version:
Latest
Modpack:
Direwolf 1.6.4
Modpack Version:
Log Link:
Details of the issue:
When I launch a modpack (any even technic launcher packs) it will launch fine but the main menu lags to the point where buttons are very difficult to press (you need to spam right mouse button). Some background is that I factory reset my PC and updated to windows 10. Before I updated to windows 10 it worked with about 60 fps

Last edited:
Reactions: pandakennone

lenscas

Over-Achiever
Jul 31, 2013
some things that could help us are
A log(upload it to pastebin and give us the link)
Java version
Allocated RAM
If you are using jvm arguments and if yes which ones?

Some more specific things:
Do you have this lag only in the mainmenu or also in other menus?
Did your fps drop in game since the upgrade?

Reactions: jikuja

lenscas

Over-Achiever
Jul 31, 2013
Be careful with the above advise as optifine can cause a lot of crashes

PeculiarNode

Jul 29, 2019
So I will post the log when I get on my computer tonight. I've tried java 7u67 8u40 and 8u45 all of them did not fix it. I have 4 GB of ram allocated (half of my ram). No JVM arguments. This lag occurs in anywhere accessible by the main menu and it is nearly impossible to get in a game but a long time ago I got on a server and had 1-2 fps.
Also I don't know if this helps but I have studied the lag by watching the words that pulsate on the main menu and it looks like it stops responding and then works for about a quarter of a second.
I'll also try to use optifine tonight.

Thanks to everyone who is trying to help me.

PeculiarNode

Jul 29, 2019
I meant light standard or ultra for optifine?
There is too much text(for log) for pastebin but it had no errors except for missing textures.

Watchful11

Forum Addict
Team Member
Third Party Pack Admin
Nov 6, 2012
Thread locked. Please open a new report if you're having similar problems.

Status
Not open for further replies.