modpacks not loading

• Please make sure you are posting in the correct place. Server ads go here and modpack bugs go here

mlgcamphard

Jul 29, 2019
I just wiped my computer and downloaded java 7 update 45 and the FTB launcher.exe. I have troubleshot, downloaded and redownloaded and deleted FTB launcher and java 2 times. no good. the console error message that is holding me up is connection reset: java.netSocketException: Connection reset. Anybody know what could be holding me up?

loboca

Jul 29, 2019
Have you tried minecraft just by itself? Are the minecraft login servers down? (I can't check atm)

mlgcamphard

Jul 29, 2019
I tried vanilla launcher and i logged in fine. Do the modpacks automatically download when u launch FTB launcher?

lavarthan

Jul 29, 2019
Not sure what you mean by launch the FTB launcher. You must select the mod pack you wish to use and press the launch button this will initiate the download of the pack.

Hambeau

Over-Achiever
Jul 24, 2013
Are you trying to connect a 1.7 client to a non-updated server? That's the general consensus I've seen on Mojang's forums, since many servers aren't updating to 1.7 until the modpacks they use are available.