Modpack Release

Ocker

Jul 29, 2019
The problem with EnderIO is, that it only adds functionality other mods already have, the pipes are the only things that are kind of unique but way to overpowered, recipe tweaks won't help you with this one and the EnderIO. The only real reason, why people want to get this mod is to make the whole pack easier, because they really enjoy the easy piping system and are not ready for something with great game depth like the Gregtech pipes, because people always want to keep their habits even if they could try something new and maybe better.

Hope you don't mind me breaking into your conversation - I have been using EnderIO on Direwolf20 pack and find it a fun useful mod for how I want to play. I have always thought mods like IC2 with the multiple power levels and explosions if you get it wrong to be a pain, I don't want to feel I need to do the equivalent of a college degree to gain the required knowledge to be able to use a mod.

I am reminded of a conversation I had with a friend who has not played for a while but looked at the additions in vanilla 1.8, he said he thought the armor stand were "stupid", I said there is a simple solution "if you don't like armor stands.... don't craft them"

My point is that nobody is suggesting that Kia stop making cars because they 'only add the functionality other cars already have', the beauty of modded minecraft is that there are many mod packs out there, if a pack has a mod you don't like you can remove it, choose a different pack or make your own mod pack. And there is no need for anyone to argue a mod does not deserve to exist simply because they prefer another or don't like how people use them, mods will only survive if enough players like them.

Reactions: Yulife and Hambeau

Ocker

Jul 29, 2019
That's not true. Mods will only survive if the author has fun making it. Whether the mod is popular or not isn't important. However, having fun is.
Agreed .... however you enjoy playing minecraft is the RIGHT way to play minecraft.

I watch the forgecraft2 videos and hear dev's say they hardly play because they are so busy making mods, must make it even harder to "enjoy" modding when there are people bagging them because that not how they want to play minecraft.

Skyqula

Jul 29, 2019
GT cable have volts and amps (packets)

If only this was true, unfortunatly its not. And the bolded part is why. Each device sends a packet, each packet is taxed a flat value for distance traveled. Gues what? IRL a source that sends out 1 amp will have exactly 1 amp returning to it. Therefor packets do not resemble amps and the amps/volts comparison is done. Doesnt work. Dont use it.

Hambeau

Over-Achiever
Jul 24, 2013
If only this was true, unfortunatly its not. And the bolded part is why. Each device sends a packet, each packet is taxed a flat value for distance traveled. Gues what? IRL a source that sends out 1 amp will have exactly 1 amp returning to it. Therefor packets do not resemble amps and the amps/volts comparison is done. Doesnt work. Dont use it.

Not entirely true.
[Edit] Lengthy discussion of power transmission, AC and DC power as related to Ohm's Law deleted. It's just a game, after all :D

Erik3003

Jul 29, 2019
Gregtech never tried to be realistic, it always was challenging , which is the main point why I love Gregtech, you must think when building your factories and not add EnderIO conduits to all machines and it will be fine.

Skyqula

Jul 29, 2019
Gregtech never tried to be realistic, it always was challenging , which is the main point why I love Gregtech, you must think when building your factories and not add EnderIO conduits to all machines and it will be fine.

Perhaps you should adress the post in wich I adress this point instead of replying to a post about how a certain comparison shoudnt be made. That way we can actually discuss it!

Last edited:

Erik3003

Jul 29, 2019
Perhaps you should adress the post in wich I adress this point instead of replieing to a post about how a certain comparison shoudnt be made. That way we can actually discuss it!
Wait, I just replied like I should! Maybe you should write "replieing" correct...

Skyqula

Jul 29, 2019
Wait, I just replied like I should! Maybe you should write "replieing" correct...

Spelling/grammer has nothing to do with this discussion, you can leave that at the door TYVM.

You where again talking about EIO pipes being a "problem". To wich is responded with:
User friendlyness does not kill creativeness. Infact, some of those EnderIO blocks would be required for some of my most creative builds (Some alternatives exist within TC/TT). Infact, i'd agrue that all automated gathering machines are a way way WAY bigger offender for killing creative builds *looks at MFR/quary's/etc*. (Note: With creative I mean an unusual thought requiring build, not creative mode) So lets remove all forms of automated resource gathering and move to autonomous activators/block breakers and funky locomotion and cogs, yes? No? Oh, because this is different? How so? To difficult?

I dunno, I dont think your focussing on the right point here. Pipes that may or may not explode isnt exactly game depth, unless I am missing something significant? Do explain of thats the case. Untill then, try to explain to me how mods like MFR or quarries are a good thing? Keep in mind: EnderIO's version's of the harvester/grinder require more thought/work then MFR, as do frame machines and autonomous activator based contraptions wich greatly benefit from things like the void chest and the aversion/atraction/experience obelisk.

To wich you actually didnt respond, instead your response was again a "EnderIO pipes are a 'problem' post". So is it realy so wierd that I dont understand what you are trying to discuss?

Ocker

Jul 29, 2019
Perhaps you should get your spell-checker fixed... "Replying" IS the correct spelling. :D
Also when people start using "points" outside of an argument it shows they feel they have lost the argument. The thinking seem to be "I can't beat them with my flawed logic so I will make personal attacks instead"
Just remember that English is not that first language of most of the worlds population and even for those that it is many have difficulty spelling and then there are those who just can't be bothered slowing down there typing to remove those underlines. If you can unertand wot they is sayen then wat is da probem. o_O

I am happy for you that you have a mod like Gregtech that enables YOU to play minecraft how YOU like to play and I would never suggest that just because I don't like to have an exaggerated difficulty level added to the game that the mod you like should not exist, I find it difficult to understand you don't seem to feel the same about a mod I like.

Reactions: Erik3003

retep998

NoLifeBunny
Wiki Staff
Dec 31, 2012
Worcester, Massachusetts
But when you send out 1 amp in GregTech, you do receive 1 amp. However the voltage of the amp/packet will have decreased over distance. And don't tell me that voltage doesn't decrease over distance.

TheMechEngineer

Jul 29, 2019
I don't know if anyone else is having the same problems, but this FTB Resurrection modpack is so janked up that I haven't even been able to collect my first piece of wood yet.
For some reason after loading a new world, I can't take any damage and blocks I break don't drop anything, and after reloading the game I find it doesn't save my progress.
Increasing available RAM doesn't help anything....

Last edited:

buggirlexpres

Relatable Gamer
Trusted User
Retired Staff
Nov 24, 2012
she/her
twitter.com
I don't know if anyone else is having the same problems, but this FTB Resurrection modpack is so janked up that I haven't even been able to collect my first piece of wood yet.
For some reason after loading a new world, I can't take any damage and blocks I break don't drop anything, and after reloading the game I find it doesn't save my progress.
Increasing available RAM doesn't help anything....
Maybe try increasing the available memory?

Padfoote

Brick Thrower
Forum Moderator
Dec 11, 2013

Erik3003

Jul 29, 2019
Spelling/grammer has nothing to do with this discussion, you can leave that at the door TYVM.

You where again talking about EIO pipes being a "problem". To wich is responded with:

To wich you actually didnt respond, instead your response was again a "EnderIO pipes are a 'problem' post". So is it realy so wierd that I dont understand what you are trying to discuss?
The Grammar/Spelling thing was just an example that we all make mistakes and I didn't really see the misquotation. My post wasn't focusing on the conduits (I should really have written RF), it was focusing on the general complexity of EnderIO (OK, I should really have written RF, the thing would have made a lot of sense then).

Hambeau

Over-Achiever
Jul 24, 2013
Also when people start using "points" outside of an argument it shows they feel they have lost the argument. The thinking seem to be "I can't beat them with my flawed logic so I will make personal attacks instead"
Just remember that English is not that first language of most of the worlds population and even for those that it is many have difficulty spelling and then there are those who just can't be bothered slowing down there typing to remove those underlines. If you can unertand wot they is sayen then wat is da probem. o_O

I am happy for you that you have a mod like Gregtech that enables YOU to play minecraft how YOU like to play and I would never suggest that just because I don't like to have an exaggerated difficulty level added to the game that the mod you like should not exist, I find it difficult to understand you don't seem to feel the same about a mod I like.

Sorry for having a knee-jerk reaction... My twisted sense of humor likes to tweak people who correct a perfectly valid spelling or fact with misinformation.

I'm getting better... I don't even flinch at the blatant misuse of words like There/Their/They're much anymore. :D

FnDragon

Jul 29, 2019
The difference between this pack and FTB Ultimate was Ultimate didn't allow any one mod to overwrite others. In Ultimate, you could progress using MFR, Thaumcraft, RedPower, Thermal Expansion, Forestry, and many other mods. However you never got into a situation where one mod interfered with the basic progression of other mods. Having only gregtech ores and having gregtech-modified recipes makes this more of an Unhinged pack than anything inspired by Ultimate. For instance, today I wanted to try and build a MFR machine, and was stymied by the fact that rubber no longer smelts into rubber sheets. Instead I'll need to tech up to the electric age through GregTech before I can progress in MFR. If you were to go to the FTB wiki page for any of the MFR pages, they will have to have an addendum for this pack alone. Same with any of the modified machine recipes. Is this the right path the FTB wiki team wants?

buggirlexpres

Relatable Gamer
Trusted User
Retired Staff
Nov 24, 2012
she/her
twitter.com
The difference between this pack and FTB Ultimate was Ultimate didn't allow any one mod to overwrite others. In Ultimate, you could progress using MFR, Thaumcraft, RedPower, Thermal Expansion, Forestry, and many other mods. However you never got into a situation where one mod interfered with the basic progression of other mods. Having only gregtech ores and having gregtech-modified recipes makes this more of an Unhinged pack than anything inspired by Ultimate. For instance, today I wanted to try and build a MFR machine, and was stymied by the fact that rubber no longer smelts into rubber sheets. Instead I'll need to tech up to the electric age through GregTech before I can progress in MFR. If you were to go to the FTB wiki page for any of the MFR pages, they will have to have an addendum for this pack alone. Same with any of the modified machine recipes. Is this the right path the FTB wiki team wants?
I'm not entirely certain the Wiki Team had any say in this. And it's not like it's possible to bring back the old GT. Unless you or someone else is willing to recode that, several versions of Minecraft in the future. GregTech made a up a large part of Ultimate, and it was why I enjoyed the pack so much. Admittedly, it's much different now, but most mods are. If we were to attempt to recreate Unleashed instead of Ultimate, we would see another mod taking center stage - Thermal Expansion. It almost completely overwrites BuildCraft, which was one of the bigger mods in Unleashed. IC2 wouldn't be the same, either, unless we wanted to use the retro version of it, not the Experimental, for which all addons require. It's impossible to recreate any pack that occurred in the past, as so much has changed. As well, why would anyone even recreate a pack the same as it was, when the original version is just fine?