Modpack packer | A little thing to pack all your modpacks for you

Zlepper

Jul 29, 2019
Updating isn't much of an option for me, and I apologize for not making much sense. When I first wrote that post I was under quite a bit of stress trying to get a modpack that my friends and I could play together ehile emulating a few key features of FTB Infinity Evolved. As you may have surmised already, my computer is incredibly outdated, and my friends have rigs capable of running larger packs and more modern games, while I get framerate issues with more than 25 mods, and the most recent AAA tittle I can run reliably is Half-Life 2. I'm sorry to be a bother like this, as well as for my rude behavior before. I was exhausted, intoxicated, and incredibly stressed from trying to create something that my friends could enjoy and I could run reliably. I honestly think I'm beyond the reach of your utility, but I'm sure those who can use it are incredibly grateful for its existence.
Sorry for the wall of text. When I'm actually sane, I can be quite verbose. Have a nice day, and continue making the FTB Community a better place. Best of luck to you.

Edited mistakes.

I seem to get a crash after downloading and starting it up. Is there any good way I can give you a log or something?
I'll leave this code here if it helps :)
Windows 7 Ultimate 64 Bit, SP1
------------------------------------------------

Problem signature:
Problem Event Name: CLR20r3
Problem Signature 01: TechnicSolderHelper.exe
Problem Signature 02: 1.0.0.0
Problem Signature 03: 569d557b
Problem Signature 04: TechnicSolderHelper
Problem Signature 05: 1.0.0.0
Problem Signature 06: 569d557b
Problem Signature 07: 6b
Problem Signature 08: d6
Problem Signature 09: System.NullReferenceException
OS Version: 6.1.7601.2.1.0.256.1
Locale ID: 1033
Additional Information 1: 0a9e
Additional Information 2: 0a9e372d3b4ad19135b953a78882e789
Additional Information 3: 0a9e
Additional Information 4: 0a9e372d3b4ad19135b953a78882e789

Read our privacy statement online:
http://go.microsoft.com/fwlink/?linkid=104288&clcid=0x0409

If the online privacy statement is not available, please read our privacy statement offline:
C:\Windows\system32\en-US\erofflps.txt
I just fixed a nasty crash. Try redownloading/updating and see if it starts for you now.

Unbr34k4bl3

Jul 29, 2019
There also seems to be a problem with INPure core and Brandonscore showing as "Example Mod"

BrandonsCore-1.0.0.10-bugfix.jar
INpureCore-[1.7.10]1.0.0B9-62.jar

Zlepper

Jul 29, 2019
Nope, that is literally what they are listed as in their mcmod.info file, which is what this program reads.
I'm aware of this, which is why the program doesn't actually accept it as valid.

Unbr34k4bl3

Jul 29, 2019
Nope, that is literally what they are listed as in their mcmod.info file, which is what this program reads.
I'm aware of this, which is why the program doesn't actually accept it as valid.
Interesting. Now we know who's lazy while modding :D

Zlepper

Jul 29, 2019
@Zlepper Just a tip, we have a permissions site (http://legacy.feed-the-beast.com/mods) and you can access the json data of the mods from (http://legacy.feed-the-beast.com/mods/json) I didn't feel like digging into your code to find out how you were getting the mods permissions. If you are already using this then great :D

Thanks,
Chaka
Yup, I'm well aware, since I had been bugging Watchful for that ever since I made the program.
Originally it read it from the spreadsheet, which was a pain. But the Json is so much easier to work with :D

Reactions: Chaka

Rebirth Gaming

Jul 29, 2019
Gotta say, this is pretty fantastic. We just started using Solder, and seeing this made us quite happy.

However, I would like to make a feature request. We use a key file to access our FTP server, but I noticed your Helper doesn't have an option for that. Would it be possible to add key file support, such as via PuTTY's format?

Zlepper

Jul 29, 2019
Gotta say, this is pretty fantastic. We just started using Solder, and seeing this made us quite happy.

However, I would like to make a feature request. We use a key file to access our FTP server, but I noticed your Helper doesn't have an option for that. Would it be possible to add key file support, such as via PuTTY's format?
I sadly don't have a setup for that, so I have no idea how it works, or any way to test it.
And considering how the current FTP upload work, I would argue that it would be easier for you to just create everything with Modpack Helper, use Modpack Helper to update solder, and then upload the files through filezilla or PuTTY.

Last edited:

Zlepper

Jul 29, 2019
Well, I've found a mod that completely breaks the program.

unless I remove this one

https://minecraft.curseforge.com/projects/switch-bow

most of the URL's in most of the fields are... well... massively wrong. About a third of the mods claimed to have "wolf armor" as the mod link.
That sounds really really odd that removing one mods fixes the info on the other ones. I'll take a look at that specific mod, but could I have you DM a zip of the entire MC dir you are loading from, so i can try to reproduce with all your mods?