Modpack packer | A little thing to pack all your modpacks for you

Zlepper

Jul 29, 2019
A little background story first:
I have been hosting packs and servers for the last few years. A few years ago Technic added support for allowing us to host custom modpacks. This was awesome and I went ahead almost the moment it happened. This was still the time of big and heavy zip files.
Then came along Solder. Solder helped us destributing files one at a time.
It took me almost a year to get it working from when I started attempting to use it. I did however get it working, back in June I think it was.
All was well, though I quite quickly discovered that packing files for Solder was quite the hasle.
So being the enormous lazy guy I am I sat down one Tuesday and made a script that could pack all the files for me.
Nice i thought, the only problem was that I had to enter modname, modversion and minecraft version for each and every mod... And having a 150 files modpack that certainly wasn't boring
emot-irony.gif

So I had what the h**k and turned it into an actual program, that could figure out most of the important stuff like name, version and mcversion.
Since then I added quite a few extra things I thought was necesarry, like only packing updated mods, checking permissions, including forge and configs.
So enough with the story:

Solder Helper
The result of all this is something I thought others could make use of, so that's why I decided to share it with you guys here, since i'm likely not the only one who has been pretty bored with updating.

Core features:

• Create packs for either Solder or just normal zip packs.
  • Create FTB Packs and get permission lists
  • Include any forge version you wishes, just choose from the application.
  • Include configs
  • Check permissions if you wishes so (Highly encouraged) Both private and public.
  • Get permission list in a nice text format
  • Get a list nice and simple list of all packed mods
  • Runs on both Linux and Windows
  • Get modlist
  • Include unarchieved mods
  • Include stuff like the script folder from Minetweaker
With all the improvement it's shouldn't take more than a minute to pack all your files for distribution.
The program is OpenSource and can be found on github.

For Windows the installer can be found here. This installer also included an autoupdater for when I add additional features.
This uses about 10 MB of space total.

For Linux just do the following and you can find the program in your home directory:

Code:
curl https://raw.githubusercontent.com/zlepper/TechnicSolderHelper/master/TechnicSolderHelper/install.sh | bash

It can be done from from anywhere, though you have to use the terminal, then the installer script takes care of the rest.
WARNING: It will use quite a lot extra space, since it requires mono to be installed, about 250 MB. However the installation of mono is included in the script.
To run the program just navigate into the install directory and look for the file called "Run SolderHelper.sh"
To update it just run the "update.sh" file.

Planned features:

• Support for FTB packs Added
  • Support for AT Launcher packs
  • Autoupload to FTP servers
  • Autoupdate of the actual Technic Solder installs, so you don't have to enter versions each time. Added
  • Creation of a modlist you can paste in places like Technic ads Added
  • Creation of a complete permissionlist. Added (Would be nice if we could format things in the pack configs, but that's for another time)
Bugs
I expect a few bugs here and there. If you happen to stumble into any the program will create a crash report on your desktop. If you could report the issue on github and include the crashlog, and what you were doing I would be very grateful, and will try to fix issues ASAP.
To help speedup the debug procedure, if you could zip the minecraft directory, so I can work directly with your files, then it would be a very big help.
There shouldn't be any dangerous bugs, but incase anything goes wrong I'm not responsible for it.

Last edited:

xTiMBo

Jul 29, 2019
crashes on my pack once it reaches journeymap
See the end of this message for details on invoking
just-in-time (JIT) debugging instead of this dialog box.

************** Exception Text **************
System.NullReferenceException: Object reference not set to an instance of an object.
at TechnicSolderHelper.SolderHelper.Start()
at TechnicSolderHelper.SolderHelper.button1_Click(Object sender, EventArgs e)
at System.Windows.Forms.Control.OnClick(EventArgs e)
at System.Windows.Forms.Button.OnClick(EventArgs e)
at System.Windows.Forms.Button.OnMouseUp(MouseEventArgs mevent)
at System.Windows.Forms.Control.WmMouseUp(Message& m, MouseButtons button, Int32 clicks)
at System.Windows.Forms.Control.WndProc(Message& m)
at System.Windows.Forms.ButtonBase.WndProc(Message& m)
at System.Windows.Forms.Button.WndProc(Message& m)
at System.Windows.Forms.Control.ControlNativeWindow.OnMessage(Message& m)
at System.Windows.Forms.Control.ControlNativeWindow.WndProc(Message& m)
at System.Windows.Forms.NativeWindow.Callback(IntPtr hWnd, Int32 msg, IntPtr wparam, IntPtr lparam)

************** Loaded Assemblies **************
mscorlib
Assembly Version: 4.0.0.0
Win32 Version: 4.0.30319.34014 built by: FX45W81RTMGDR
CodeBase: file:///C:/Windows/Microsoft.NET/Framework/v4.0.30319/mscorlib.dll
----------------------------------------
System
Win32 Version: 4.0.30319.34239 built by: FX452RTMGDR
CodeBase: file:///C:/WINDOWS/Microsoft.Net/assembly/GAC_MSIL/System/v4.0_4.0.0.0__b77a5c561934e089/System.dll
TechnicSolderHelper
Assembly Version: 1.0.1.0
Win32 Version: 1.0.0.0
CodeBase: file:///C:/Users/TimB/AppData/Local/Apps/2.0/39A5JTX8.HPB/VLX39WVT.KQR/tech..tion_5d46378656b5f1fe_0001.0000_e9c1e33b80c7a08e/TechnicSolderHelper.exe
System.Windows.Forms
Win32 Version: 4.0.30319.33440 built by: FX45W81RTMREL
CodeBase: file:///C:/WINDOWS/Microsoft.Net/assembly/GAC_MSIL/System.Windows.Forms/v4.0_4.0.0.0__b77a5c561934e089/System.Windows.Forms.dll
System.Drawing
CodeBase: file:///C:/WINDOWS/Microsoft.Net/assembly/GAC_MSIL/System.Drawing/v4.0_4.0.0.0__b03f5f7f11d50a3a/System.Drawing.dll
Newtonsoft.Json
Assembly Version: 6.0.0.0
Win32 Version: 6.0.6.17820
CodeBase: file:///C:/Users/TimB/AppData/Local/Apps/2.0/39A5JTX8.HPB/VLX39WVT.KQR/tech..tion_5d46378656b5f1fe_0001.0000_e9c1e33b80c7a08e/Newtonsoft.Json.DLL
System.Data.SQLite
Assembly Version: 1.0.94.0
Win32 Version: 1.0.94.0
CodeBase: file:///C:/Users/TimB/AppData/Local/Apps/2.0/39A5JTX8.HPB/VLX39WVT.KQR/tech..tion_5d46378656b5f1fe_0001.0000_e9c1e33b80c7a08e/System.Data.SQLite.DLL
System.Data
CodeBase: file:///C:/WINDOWS/Microsoft.Net/assembly/GAC_32/System.Data/v4.0_4.0.0.0__b77a5c561934e089/System.Data.dll
System.Core
CodeBase: file:///C:/WINDOWS/Microsoft.Net/assembly/GAC_MSIL/System.Core/v4.0_4.0.0.0__b77a5c561934e089/System.Core.dll
Mono.Data.Sqlite
Win32 Version: 4.0.0.0
CodeBase: file:///C:/Users/TimB/AppData/Local/Apps/2.0/39A5JTX8.HPB/VLX39WVT.KQR/tech..tion_5d46378656b5f1fe_0001.0000_e9c1e33b80c7a08e/Mono.Data.Sqlite.DLL
System.Transactions
CodeBase: file:///C:/WINDOWS/Microsoft.Net/assembly/GAC_32/System.Transactions/v4.0_4.0.0.0__b77a5c561934e089/System.Transactions.dll
System.Configuration
CodeBase: file:///C:/WINDOWS/Microsoft.Net/assembly/GAC_MSIL/System.Configuration/v4.0_4.0.0.0__b03f5f7f11d50a3a/System.Configuration.dll
System.Xml
Win32 Version: 4.0.30319.34230 built by: FX452RTMGDR
CodeBase: file:///C:/WINDOWS/Microsoft.Net/assembly/GAC_MSIL/System.Xml/v4.0_4.0.0.0__b77a5c561934e089/System.Xml.dll
System.EnterpriseServices
CodeBase: file:///C:/WINDOWS/Microsoft.Net/assembly/GAC_32/System.EnterpriseServices/v4.0_4.0.0.0__b03f5f7f11d50a3a/System.EnterpriseServices.dll
Accessibility
CodeBase: file:///C:/WINDOWS/Microsoft.Net/assembly/GAC_MSIL/Accessibility/v4.0_4.0.0.0__b03f5f7f11d50a3a/Accessibility.dll
System.Numerics
CodeBase: file:///C:/WINDOWS/Microsoft.Net/assembly/GAC_MSIL/System.Numerics/v4.0_4.0.0.0__b77a5c561934e089/System.Numerics.dll
System.Runtime.Serialization
Win32 Version: 4.0.30319.34230 built by: FX452RTMGDR
CodeBase: file:///C:/WINDOWS/Microsoft.Net/assembly/GAC_MSIL/System.Runtime.Serialization/v4.0_4.0.0.0__b77a5c561934e089/System.Runtime.Serialization.dll
System.Xml.Linq
CodeBase: file:///C:/WINDOWS/Microsoft.Net/assembly/GAC_MSIL/System.Xml.Linq/v4.0_4.0.0.0__b77a5c561934e089/System.Xml.Linq.dll

************** JIT Debugging **************
To enable just-in-time (JIT) debugging, the .config file for this
application or computer (machine.config) must have the
jitDebugging value set in the system.windows.forms section.
The application must also be compiled with debugging
enabled.

For example:

<configuration>
<system.windows.forms jitDebugging="true" />
</configuration>

When JIT debugging is enabled, any unhandled exception
will be sent to the JIT debugger registered on the computer
rather than be handled by this dialog box.

Zlepper

Jul 29, 2019
Chancelog:
Added the feature to select additional folders in the minecraft root directory. Just select them from the menu on the right.
Now autodetects a few more mods.
The "Reset database" button no longer forces you to reenter everything, it just tells the problem that nothing is on solder yet, so it will be readded should you run a solder run.
Fixed a ton of visual bugs.
Fixed a ton of other bugs.

crashes on my pack once it reaches journeymap
I had no issues with the latest version of journeymap, so until your zip arrives this might still be a problem.

Zlepper

Jul 29, 2019
maybe add a function to allow people to have easier Minetweaking from the interface of Solder
I don't have anything to do with Solder. And for configuring minetweaker I think i seperate program would be better, since it needs to interface somewhat with minecraft, and its mods.
And I have never made any mods, so I have no idea how I would make that work. Best case Chickenbones could add something to NEI that exported all block and items with their texture in NEI to a folder, and then I could work with it. Otherwise I would suggest having the conversation with the author of minetweaker StanH.
You can select and have the minetweaker folder included on the zip file, but that's pretty much how far I can go with this.

Zlepper

Jul 29, 2019
If you have been having issues with YAMPST then download the latest version of Solder Helper as it contains a fix towards some packing of YAMPST.

EDIT: Solder Helper will now remember where you chose input beforehand, so you can switch between modpacks without having to find the entire path again.
Now with FTP support for upload of solder files.

Last edited:

Zlepper

Jul 29, 2019
Over the last few days I have added a lot of support for those using technic, mainly the ability to autoupdate the Technic Solder installs, and to upload files to Amazon s3 servers automatically.
Things have been restructed a lot internally, so there might be some bugs, but I haven't found any breaking ones.

D

DinixM

Can't make it launch, which is absolutely wonderful. I geta Stopped Working message after the first time installation pop-up every time.

Zlepper

Jul 29, 2019
Can't make it launch, which is absolutely wonderful. I geta Stopped Working message after the first time installation pop-up every time.
Please do tell a bit about your system, otherwise I have no chance to debug.

D

DinixM

I'm running 32bit Windows Vista, if that tells you anything. Not sure what else would be relevant.

Zlepper

Jul 29, 2019
I'm running 32bit Windows Vista, if that tells you anything. Not sure what else would be relevant.
That's at least two things i don't test on. 32x and Windows vista. (And truth be told i would just say update, since vista is way outdated. )
I will get a virtual machine running with 32x windows, though not vista. (And this will not be before tomorrow, since i need to actually download windows first.)
If it runs there I will need you to check your event log for any errors, and I will need you to give me a bit more description of what you have actually tried, since your first message doesn't make any coherent sense to me.

D

DinixM

Updating isn't much of an option for me, and I apologize for not making much sense. When I first wrote that post I was under quite a bit of stress trying to get a modpack that my friends and I could play together ehile emulating a few key features of FTB Infinity Evolved. As you may have surmised already, my computer is incredibly outdated, and my friends have rigs capable of running larger packs and more modern games, while I get framerate issues with more than 25 mods, and the most recent AAA tittle I can run reliably is Half-Life 2. I'm sorry to be a bother like this, as well as for my rude behavior before. I was exhausted, intoxicated, and incredibly stressed from trying to create something that my friends could enjoy and I could run reliably. I honestly think I'm beyond the reach of your utility, but I'm sure those who can use it are incredibly grateful for its existence.
Sorry for the wall of text. When I'm actually sane, I can be quite verbose. Have a nice day, and continue making the FTB Community a better place. Best of luck to you.

Edited mistakes.

Zlepper

Jul 29, 2019
Updating isn't much of an option for me, and I apologize for not making much sense. When I first wrote that post I was under quite a bit of stress trying to get a modpack that my friends and I could play together ehile emulating a few key features of FTB Infinity Evolved. As you may have surmised already, my computer is incredibly outdated, and my friends have rigs capable of running larger packs and more modern games, while I get framerate issues with more than 25 mods, and the most recent AAA tittle I can run reliably is Half-Life 2. I'm sorry to be a bother like this, as well as for my rude behavior before. I was exhausted, intoxicated, and incredibly stressed from trying to create something that my friends could enjoy and I could run reliably. I honestly think I'm beyond the reach of your utility, but I'm sure those who can use it are incredibly grateful for its existence.
Sorry for the wall of text. When I'm actually sane, I can be quite verbose. Have a nice day, and continue making the FTB Community a better place. Best of luck to you.

Edited mistakes.
Found the issue. Will see if I can fix it within reasonable timeframe.

EDIT: I said that too early. I know what the error is, but I have no clue how to fix it.

Last edited:

Unbr34k4bl3

Jul 29, 2019
I seem to get a crash after downloading and starting it up. Is there any good way I can give you a log or something?
I'll leave this code here if it helps :)
Windows 7 Ultimate 64 Bit, SP1
------------------------------------------------

Problem signature:
Problem Event Name: CLR20r3
Problem Signature 01: TechnicSolderHelper.exe
Problem Signature 02: 1.0.0.0
Problem Signature 03: 569d557b
Problem Signature 04: TechnicSolderHelper
Problem Signature 05: 1.0.0.0
Problem Signature 06: 569d557b
Problem Signature 07: 6b
Problem Signature 08: d6
Problem Signature 09: System.NullReferenceException
OS Version: 6.1.7601.2.1.0.256.1
Locale ID: 1033
Additional Information 1: 0a9e
Additional Information 2: 0a9e372d3b4ad19135b953a78882e789
Additional Information 3: 0a9e
Additional Information 4: 0a9e372d3b4ad19135b953a78882e789

Read our privacy statement online:
http://go.microsoft.com/fwlink/?linkid=104288&clcid=0x0409

If the online privacy statement is not available, please read our privacy statement offline:
C:\Windows\system32\en-US\erofflps.txt