Modpack idea: Wrath of the Angry Gods (HQM)

OpenWorldAddict

Jul 29, 2019
Just to let you know, the inspiration behind my idea of a magically powered tech world were high tech fantasy worlds like Eberron. Eberron had flying airships, elevators in skyscrapers, mass transit it's biggest city, Sharn, the city of towers, and even a high speed cross country train. However all this advanced technology was powered by magic and magical artifacts.

I have a few technical questions about how you plan on doing things.
1. How are you going to manage the appearance of portals and mobs coming into the world through them, as well as the time frames which they are going to appear?
2. How are you going to keep the world initially peaceful but have it more dangerous as more and more time goes on?

This is me just being curious, but I feel it is essential to the feel of this modpack, and I have no doubt that they are going to be some of the most challenging things.

I also think that just before you launch this pack, we should get a few streamers like me and ValsNoisyToys onto a server so that we can stream it to the world when it goes public. That would help get the word out about it. Anyway, as before, I am closely monitoring the progress of this pack, and look forward to seeing it develop.

Edit: By the way, this is only one of several modpack ideas I've had. However, I wasn't going to post threads about all of them at once. Post one, in detail, and if it gets picked up (which this one did) follow it through it's complete development and more before putting down the next idea. Another words, once this is public for several months, I will most likely post my next idea. One idea at a time.

Edit 2: By the way, the background story was just a dry story that I just through together when writing the description of my idea. However, I feel to do this modpack justice, I would like to work on a more formalized version, if you don't mind. Story telling has always been my strong suit (unless i am feeling rushed, like when hashing out a story for a modpack idea.) If you don't mind, I'll send you the story in a pm for you to intergrate into what lore and hqm. I'll have sent it to you befor thursday when I leave for a family affair.

The only thing I ask for, (to anyone who is reading this) ideas for a name of the kingdom as well as the former king, and the mad gods themselves.

Last edited:

xXGamerFoLifeXx

Jul 29, 2019
Just to let you know, the inspiration behind my idea of a magically powered tech world were high tech fantasy worlds like Eberron. Eberron had flying airships, elevators in skyscrapers, mass transit it's biggest city, Sharn, the city of towers, and even a high speed cross country train. However all this advanced technology was powered by magic and magical artifacts.

I have a few technical questions about how you plan on doing things.
1. How are you going to manage the appearance of portals and mobs coming into the world through them, as well as the time frames which they are going to appear?
2. How are you going to keep the world initially peaceful but have it more dangerous as more and more time goes on?

This is me just being curious, but I feel it is essential to the feel of this modpack, and I have no doubt that they are going to be some of the most challenging things.

I also think that just before you launch this pack, we should get a few streamers like me and ValsNoisyToys onto a server so that we can stream it to the world when it goes public. That would help get the word out about it. Anyway, as before, I am closely monitoring the progress of this pack, and look forward to seeing it develop.

Edit: By the way, this is only one of several modpack ideas I've had. However, I wasn't going to post threads about all of them at once. Post one, in detail, and if it gets picked up (which this one did) follow it through it's complete development and more before putting down the next idea. Another words, once this is public for several months, I will most likely post my next idea. One idea at a time.

Edit 2: By the way, the background story was just a dry story that I just through together when writing the description of my idea. However, I feel to do this modpack justice, I would like to work on a more formalized version, if you don't mind. Story telling has always been my strong suit (unless i am feeling rushed, like when hashing out a story for a modpack idea.) If you don't mind, I'll send you the story in a pm for you to intergrate into what lore and hqm. I'll have sent it to you befor thursday when I leave for a family affair.

The only thing I ask for, (to anyone who is reading this) ideas for a name of the kingdom as well as the former king, and the mad gods themselves.

For your first question I still have to think of how to get the mobs to spawn away from the kingdom at first and slowly come closer without having to do it manually and have a better way of them spawning other then them just appearing out of nowhere. As for your second concern there is a mod that will make the world progressively harder as time goes on and on, I forgot the name of this mod but I know where to get it. As for the streaming idea, I though we could set up a server of everyone who helped with the pack and a few streamers to do a youtube/twitch series leading up to the release of the pack.

Reactions: OpenWorldAddict