Modpack Download without launcher

• Please make sure you are posting in the correct place. Server ads go here and modpack bugs go here

DarklingGX

Jul 29, 2019
Is there any way I can download individual modpacks without downloading the launcher? My mac refuses to even launch the jar all of a sudden.

DarklingGX

Jul 29, 2019
I see your point. I agree that would be a problem. But I have nearly completely broken my java on my mac, and jar launcher doesn't work anymore. Do you know how I should solve this problem? And dont you dare say buy a pc... not everybody has $700 laying around.

Lambert2191

Jul 29, 2019
I see your point. I agree that would be a problem. But I have nearly completely broken my java on my mac, and jar launcher doesn't work anymore. Do you know how I should solve this problem? And dont you dare say buy a pc... not everybody has $700 laying around.
I won't say buy a PC... but how about... Sell your Mac?

Reactions: Mjw and SpitefulFox

Honza8D

Jul 29, 2019
if that was possible then there would be tons of nonpremium ppl playing
how does that change nonpremiu people playing? It's just a modpack, which could be gotten from the individual mod authors anyway, it doesn't help pirate minecraft.

DarklingGX

Jul 29, 2019
You're funny. Like I can get away selling the family computer. Macs are better than pc in every aspect except for games and programming. I aint giving my computer u.

Lambert2191

Jul 29, 2019
how does that change nonpremiu people playing? It's just a modpack, which could be gotten from the individual mod authors anyway, it doesn't help pirate minecraft.
right now, people who have illegal versions of minecraft cannot play the FTB launcher. If a modpack could be got that did not require the launcher, then said arseholes would be able to play the mods without a legit sign in. They'd be able to do so anyway, but would also have to screw around with configs after downloading each individual mod.

eculc

Jul 29, 2019
Because the modpack includes everything, including the .jar file that is necessary to run in the first place. So, if it was possible to download everything that is currently offered in the modpack without using the launcher (and authentication through MC's servers) then anyone who wanted to play could, even if the didn't have a MC account.

you are correct however, it's possible to download all of the mods separately from the mod authors directly rather than through FTB.

DarklingGX

Jul 29, 2019
I do want to use this mod pack, and I understand that I can download the mods from the authors themselves. Is there like a multimc config or just straight configs available anywhere?

DarklingGX

Jul 29, 2019
I have redownloaded and backdated and updated and done everything I can to fix my java, but it is just being way too stupid. I know that reinstalling the OS will work, but that will wipe the computer completely.

Honza8D

Jul 29, 2019
right now, people who have illegal versions of minecraft cannot play the FTB launcher. If a modpack could be got that did not require the launcher, then said arseholes would be able to play the mods without a legit sign in. They'd be able to do so anyway, but would also have to screw around with configs after downloading each individual mod.
Simple modpack as its downloaded from FTB servers wont allow you to play pirated minecraft. Also I just tried it and its possible to get download link for modpack from FTB launcher even without loging in

Because the modpack includes everything, including the .jar file that is necessary to run in the first place. So, if it was possible to download everything that is currently offered in the modpack without using the launcher (and authentication through MC's servers) then anyone who wanted to play could, even if the didn't have a MC account.

you are correct however, it's possible to download all of the mods separately from the mod authors directly rather than through FTB.
thats untrue, the jars are downloaded separately

Lambert2191

Jul 29, 2019
Simple modpack as its downloaded from FTB servers wont allow you to play pirated minecraft. Also I just tried it and its possible to get download link for modpack from FTB launcher even without loging in

I know, that's pretty much exactly what I'm saying... :S

HeffronCM

Jul 29, 2019
I have redownloaded and backdated and updated and done everything I can to fix my java, but it is just being way too stupid. I know that reinstalling the OS will work, but that will wipe the computer completely.
Try uninstalling java entirely, then installing fresh. If all of Java is borked, then you won't be able to run any version of Minecraft.