Modpack Concept discussion: Shattered Lands

Lethosos

Jul 29, 2019
See if the Icarus mod will do? It's flight, but with variable scaling and what not. I'm using it in my pack just to help with the sky island dimensions I have in mind.

Sent from my Puzzle Box of Yogg-Saron using Tapatalk 2

GrimJahk

Jul 29, 2019
I am entirely leery of flight in any form TBH... In my mind it's is part of the concept: exposure to the void destroys blocks but leaves your fragile glider wings alone? That, and plummeting into the void will make recovery of materials impossible.

But, again, my goal is to have a skyblock type pack that revolves around exploration. (in whatever fashion that entails)

Lethosos

Jul 29, 2019
I've actually got plans to turn off the low-tier ones and MineTweak the recipes to require materials in enough quantities from those sky dimensions. (Yggdrasil, Cloudpiercer Lofts... Perhaps the Wastelands from AbyssalCraft?)

TomeWyrm

Jul 29, 2019
You might wish to put the CE = "Condensed Essence" at the first instance of CE not later in the post. That was VERY confusing for a minute.

Azzanine

Jul 29, 2019
Did some tinkering and I have found it's quite difficult to find an efficient simple to use terrain gen that allows for fine tuned custom terrain.

Did Google searches for sky block, sky island, skyland generators and had no luck. There's no mods out there that will generate the land masses I want.

I found a mod called Custom Terrain Generation (I think that was the name). But it seems convoluted on an end user standpoint and takes a lot of homework to work with.
Also take ages to load, mainly looks like a tool for static custom maps.

Sent from my GT-I9100 using Tapatalk

Lethosos

Jul 29, 2019
I'm still working with Dimensional Control whenever I can, but the kind of Skylands you need is doable.

Reactions: Azzanine