[ModJam][Forge][1.6.4] Mobile Base - V1.8 (Updated 17/01/14)

TheDrunkMafia

Jul 29, 2019
So 1.7.4 Forge has been released and I dunno whether to update to it, or get the custom tents to work on 1.6 and release a stable version. Then update to 1.7, hmmmm.

Pip69

Jul 29, 2019
FTB probably wont have a pack for 1.7 for a while, so more players (here) will try if you finish it for 1.6 first.

TheDrunkMafia

Jul 29, 2019
FTB probably wont have a pack for 1.7 for a while, so more players (here) will try if you finish it for 1.6 first.

Fair enough, progress had been made with the custom tents and it should be available soon and I have fixed all item duping, also blocks breaking when you re-place the tent.

Yusunoha

Jul 29, 2019

if there's even going to be an official 1.7 pack... as 1.8 is already starting to get snapshots

ThatOneSlowking

Jul 29, 2019
I like the idea of the mod. Can not try it today since im not going to be home, but looking at the recipes and your posts i dont understand how it is OP. Sure, moving your base and maybe the schematic builder can, but the original size tent was way too small to be considered OP IMO. And if you are using enderpearls as a gateway EE3 and/or using a stone sword and getting lucky with what you find trivializes it.But I did have an idea that the schematic builder can be an upgradeable multiblock(e.g. You can expand it with blocks and have certain upgrades to make ye tent out of certain materials.) also the default tent could bd left in for early-to-mid game and the schematics could be expensive for late game. Just my random ideas.

Brought to you by Wall 'O Text inc.

TheDrunkMafia

Jul 29, 2019
I like the idea of the mod. Can not try it today since im not going to be home, but looking at the recipes and your posts i dont understand how it is OP. Sure, moving your base and maybe the schematic builder can, but the original size tent was way too small to be considered OP IMO. And if you are using enderpearls as a gateway EE3 and/or using a stone sword and getting lucky with what you find trivializes it.But I did have an idea that the schematic builder can be an upgradeable multiblock(e.g. You can expand it with blocks and have certain upgrades to make ye tent out of certain materials.) also the default tent could bd left in for early-to-mid game and the schematics could be expensive for late game. Just my random ideas.

Brought to you by Wall 'O Text inc.

Hmmm, interesting. At the moment I am playing around with ideas on how you would actually make a custom tent and I am also thinking of releasing a bug fix build, because the custom tents may take allot longer than I thought to get them to work the way I want them to.

TheDrunkMafia

Jul 29, 2019
Version 1.8 is now available. Fixed all known bugs.

1.6.4:
V1.8 - Dropbox Download (This is a Bug Fix update, the last one before 2.0)

1.7.4:
V1.8 - GitHub Download(WARNING: Do not use this version on survival worlds, this is an Alpha release for bug finding and is no were near stable. We do not take any responsibility for any corrupt worlds. Please use this version with caution!)

TheDrunkMafia

Jul 29, 2019
2.0 Announcement

This video showcases the new features of the mod that will be released in version 2.0. The main feature that is going to be released, is the custom tents. This version is currently in Pre-Alpha and it will be a couple of days before it will be released, however I hope this preview will show you how it all will work.

TheDrunkMafia

Jul 29, 2019
Looks good.
Does the tent have to be that exact shape?

Nope, it can be any shape you want. So long as it is more or less symmetrical, for example you could have a 9x6. If the tent is the same size on each axis, the X & Z, the tent will work. I show how you do this in the video.

TheDrunkMafia

Jul 29, 2019
2.0 Released:
Change Log:
  • Crafting Tents Removed
  • Tent saving changed
  • Tent breaking changed
    • Must break middle pole of tent to save contents of tent, breaking any other block that is part of the tent structure will make the tent fall but without saving it's contents.
  • Custom Tents added
    • Uses blueprints to load them in (See video for tutorial)
    • Tent Builder
  • Own block breaking code, most Null pointer errors caused by placing a other mods block and breaking the tent has been fixed.
Download:

V2.0 - Dropbox Download (NOTE: This will corrupted saves with existing tents, please break existing tents and destroy items before installing mod)

ThatOneSlowking

Jul 29, 2019
2.0 Released:
Change Log:
  • Crafting Tents Removed
  • Tent saving changed
  • Tent breaking changed
    • Must break middle pole of tent to save contents of tent, breaking any other block that is part of the tent structure will make the tent fall but without saving it's contents.
  • Custom Tents added
    • Uses blueprints to load them in (See video for tutorial)
    • Tent Builder
  • Own block breaking code, most Null pointer errors caused by placing a other mods block and breaking the tent has been fixed.
Download:

V2.0 - Dropbox Download (NOTE: This will corrupted saves with existing tents, please break existing tents and destroy items before installing mod)
You should poke a staff about mod dev tag
:p