[ModJam][Forge][1.6.4] Mobile Base - V1.8 (Updated 17/01/14)

TheDrunkMafia

Jul 29, 2019
Mobile-Base.png

Minecraft Version: 1.6.4
Forge: Build 1.6.4-9.11.1.953
Mod Version: 1.8

2.0 Released

About-The-Mod.png

Mobile Base (MB), is all about allowing you to take apart of your base along with you on your travels around the Minecraft world. It is centred around tents, essentially allowing you to place down a tent which is a 8x8 structure.

Once down you can place blocks down of all sorts, chests, furnaces, beds, hoppers and redstone circuits. The second you break any part of the tent, the tent will fall down and spawn an Item version of the tent, which will save all it's content, which will be ready for you when you next need it and place it down.

2.0 Change Log:
  • Crafting Tents Removed
  • Tent saving changed
  • Tent breaking changed
    • Must break middle pole of tent to save contents of tent, breaking any other block that is part of the tent structure will make the tent fall but without saving it's contents.
  • Custom Tents added
    • Uses blueprints to load them in (See video for tutorial)
    • Tent Builder
  • Own block breaking code, most Null pointer errors caused by placing a other mods block and breaking the tent has been fixed.

Recipes.png

Blueprint Recipe (Shapeless):

Canvas%20Recpie.png

Tent Builder Recipe (Shapeless):

Tent%20Recpie.png
Gallery.png

Images.png

2014-01-03_19.35.47.png

2014-01-03_19.35.58.png
Downloads.png

Mod:
1.6.4:

V2.0 - Dropbox Download (NOTE: This will corrupted saves with existing tents, please break existing tents and destroy items before installing mod)

V1.8 - Dropbox Download (This is a Bug Fix update, the last one before 2.0)

1.7.4:

V1.8 - GitHub Download (WARNING: Do not use this version on survival worlds, this is an Alpha release for bug finding and is no were near stable. We do not take any responsibility for any corrupt worlds. Please use this version with caution!)
Forge:
1.6.4-9.11.1.953 - Download
Licence.png

The mod is Open-Source and the src code can be accessed here: GitHub Repo Feel free to take any code and use it in your own mod, however please do not re-distribute the mod with changed src code.

Mod Packs: If you want to add this mod into a mod pack, feel free. However please leave a link to this thread.

If you like my mod and want to help out in some way, then feel free to use this logo in your signature to help my mod get more recognition. Thanks.
Sig.png

Last edited:

SpitefulFox

Jul 29, 2019
Really cool concept. I'd probably wait until those bugs are squashed before using it, though.

TheDrunkMafia

Jul 29, 2019
Just to let everyone know, I have a new feature planned. Which will allow you to build your own custom tent though a block, you'll be able to make any structure between 16X16X16. However you will have to supply all the wool and it will cost an enderball per every wool.

Mevansuto

Jul 29, 2019
Really great concept, and I can't wait to see it in action. But I find the all white colour scheme off-putting and I believe this will come at its most useful in the early game, within the first few in game days, so maybe the recipe might be too expensive.

TheDrunkMafia

Jul 29, 2019
Really great concept, and I can't wait to see it in action. But I find the all white colour scheme off-putting and I believe this will come at its most useful in the early game, within the first few in game days, so maybe the recipe might be too expensive.
Yeah the mod is intended for late game, also you can colour the tents using different canvas colours, which are defined via the type of wool you use when crafting the canvas.

Mevansuto

Jul 29, 2019
Yeah the mod is intended for late game, also you can colour the tents using different canvas colours, which are defined via the type of wool you use when crafting the canvas.

Thanks, I was aware of the different colours. But if you don't mind me saying, the mod seems more useful to me in the period where I'm with out proper shelter, maybe aiming it at the vanilla late game isn't the best way to go about things. Maybe I ought to play it first ;).

TheDrunkMafia

Jul 29, 2019
Thanks, I was aware of the different colours. But if you don't mind me saying, the mod seems more useful to me in the period where I'm with out proper shelter, maybe aiming it at the vanilla late game isn't the best way to go about things. Maybe I ought to play it first ;).

Well this is a rather op mod, so making it late game is one of the things that balance it, also I am trying very hard to make this mod compatible with others. So in some instances, people may use it with other mods.

SkyBoy96

Jul 29, 2019
It looks like a pretty cool mod! I wouldn't call the recipies late game, though. An ender pearl can be obtained with a stone sword in the desert fairly easily, and lurking around a group of sheep with shears for about 10-20 minutes should yield 36 wool, assuming you found 4 sheep. If you're going for expensive, change the canvas recepie from wool to string, perhaps, and maybe require more of the canvas things to craft it. Just my 2 cents, again, mod looks awesome!

TheDrunkMafia

Jul 29, 2019
It looks like a pretty cool mod! I wouldn't call the recipies late game, though. An ender pearl can be obtained with a stone sword in the desert fairly easily, and lurking around a group of sheep with shears for about 10-20 minutes should yield 36 wool, assuming you found 4 sheep. If you're going for expensive, change the canvas recepie from wool to string, perhaps, and maybe require more of the canvas things to craft it. Just my 2 cents, again, mod looks awesome!

The recipes will be getting removed soon and I am going to as in a block so you can create your own custom tents and its going to require more than just one enderball.

TheDrunkMafia

Jul 29, 2019
Great news, I have fixed all item duping caused by blocks dropping upon breaking the tent. Trying to fix all other mod related errors.

Pip69

Jul 29, 2019
I like it.
Haven't used it yet, but some thoughts on it.
  • Have a tiny version that you can get early game. Even a config option to start with it in the bonus chest.
  • Being able to customize is great, but it should be late game. Mid game should have an easier to make then custom one, but fixed medium sized tent
  • If you want to balance it, put a delay on setting it up and taking it down. Have this up-gradable in the custom size block.
  • Add an end game version that's indestructible, rockwool from TE comes to mind.
  • Other balance option, have it attract zombies like it was a wooden door, and be breakable.
  • Upgrade option: Glows, Can be placed in the air, Underwater and prevents any liquid from flowing past the entrance, able to teleport back to the tent,
  • Server Option: limit # of tents a player can have, prevent other players from entering your tent or using any of the contents.

Reactions: Mevansuto

Yusunoha

Jul 29, 2019
I haven't tried out this mod yet either, but a thought that I had... when inside the tent, mobs should not be able to see you.
or to be more clear, when you're inside the tent, you can't interact with the outside world and the outside world can't interact with you.

maybe even allow some things like when you're inside the tent, the rain sounds decreases by like 50%
and if you were to sleep at night in the tent, it doesn't matter if a mob is near or not

Kyll.Ing.

Jul 29, 2019
Rather, I think that mobs should be able to spot tents and be drawn to them...

...which would be a perfectly good reason to add a camo netting upgrade, which would make the tent invisible to mobs.

Reactions: Padfoote

TheDrunkMafia

Jul 29, 2019
Cool ideas, I am currently working on the custom tent builder. As soon as it works, I'll start implementing things to make a little less OP. Maybe an ender ball per 5 wool pieces.

TheDrunkMafia

Jul 29, 2019
New way of crafting the tent:
- Schematic maker (You we this to design the tent)
- Tent builder (Builds the tent based of the Schematic)
- Ender Infused (Makes the tent remember it's contents)