Modifyworld2 for Forge 1.6.4

Spasticon

Jul 29, 2019
I have found that my servers run best when they are pure Forge. In 1.5.2 this was fairly easy with the following combination of mods by Alphaest:

MyTown
aPerf
ModifyWorld2

legobear took over the development a while back and has been updating to 1.6.4. He updated ModifyWorld2 at least once but then discontinued development. I'm checking to see if he'll update it, but if he doesn't I want to see what alternatives are out there.

What Forge server mods can I use to either force people into adventure mode or via permissions stop them from breaking blocks?

Spasticon

Jul 29, 2019
That is a possible solution, and I do like it better than just whitelisting.

My main issue is that via permissions I was able to give some users the ability to promote from "guest" to "member" without having op. Changing guests from gamemode 2 to 0 would require op. I suppose one alternative would be to find a forge mod that gives access to gamemode 2->0 without allowing 1 or requiring op.

karl2002

Jul 29, 2019
strange i run a monster server with mcpc not had hardly any issues and i run a ton of plugins. But to be honest if you want to run plugins\mods then mcpc is the way to go

HaoSs

Jul 29, 2019
I used to think like that. f*** bukkit. i want pure forge, and used all the mods out there to admin a forge only server. but on the long run, i failed :) Now in using mytown with mcpc and 6 or so plugins ( important: essentials, pex,modifyworld ,worldedit, ) you may find bugs related to mcpc and mods. do your part and report them on github, i had harder time getting the devs from forge admin mods to fix things, (Alphaest,a good dev,but he was a di*k, ForgeEssentials had a promising start, but ended up reinventing the wheel , they are still at v1.2.0 (5 months old ) , and a lot of modules never worked :) and probably never will )

Last edited: