Modified FTB Revelation gives 2-4 FPS on good PC

• Tech Support section is for getting help with FTB related problems. If there's a repeatable issue that can be labeled as a bug, then please use the issue tracker for the pack or the app at GitHub issue trackers - If there's no repository for a pack that means that the pack is old and/or will not be updated. Bugs for older packs will not be fixed, unless they are critical.

ustus007

Jan 3, 2020
Hello.
I was using FTB Revalation from twitch (for simplicity of adding a mod, I can live with slightly outdated version), and added ProjectE (later, while trying to fix this issue, added fastcraft to no effect). After I started the pack, I'm getting 2-4 FPS.
You can see my configuration on screenshot. It definetily should suffice for good performance.
Almost all options in video setting (except particles) are at minimum, 60 FPS as max, 12 chunks render.
# Configuration file
client {
# Clears caches on world unload a bit faster than usual. Prevents temporary memory leaks. More effective in Anarchy. [default: true]
B:clearCachesOnWorldUnload=true
# Clears the baked models generated in the first pass *before* entering the second pass, instead of *after*. While this doesn't reduce memory usage in-game, it does reduce it noticeably during loading. [default: true]
B:clearDuplicateModelRegistry=true
# Deduplicates IModels too. Takes a few seconds more, but shaves off another bit of RAM. [default: true]
B:deduplicateModelBakers=true
# Deduplicates baked models. The original feature. [default: true]
B:deduplicateModels=true
# The maximum amount of levels of recursion for the deduplication process. Smaller values will deduplicate less data, but make the process run faster. [default: 9, range: 1-2147483647]
I:deduplicateModelsMaxRecursion=6
# Disables texture animations. [default: false]
B:disableTextureAnimations=false
# Initialize the options.txt and forge.cfg files with rendering performance-friendly defaults if not present. [default: true]
B:initOptions=true
# Makes vanilla creative tab search use JEI's lookups - saves a lot of RAM *and* gives you fancy JEI features! [default: true]
B:jeiCreativeSearch=true
# Remove unnecessary data from a pointlessly cached ModelLoader instance. [default: true]
B:modelLoaderCleanup=true
# Wipes the IModel cache after baking is finished. Saves a lot of RAM, as most IModels will not be reloaded. [default: true]
B:wipeModelCache=true
}
coremod {
# Stops certain non-Minecraft-related libraries from being ASM transformed. You shouldn't be transforming those anyway. [default: true]
B:blacklistLibraryTransformers=true
B:cacheShiftClickCrafting=true
# Make 3D forms of items be rendered dynamically and cached when necessary. [default: true]
B:dynamicItemModels=true
# Optimizes ItemStack.isEmpty by removing a map lookup. Initially found by Aikar (Paper/0181). [default: true]
B:fasterAirItemLookup=true
# Speeds up entity lookup by optimizing ClassInheritanceMultiMap.getByClass. [default: true]
B:fasterEntityLookup=true
# Speeds up the hopper's calculations. [default: true]
B:fasterHopper=true
# Optimizes blockstate property equals and hashCode methods. [default: true]
B:fasterPropertyComparisons=true
# Fixes the server not removing unloaded entities/tile entities if no chunkloaders are active. Thanks to CreativeMD for finding this! [default: true]
B:fixWorldEntityCleanup=true
# Disables all coremod functionality. [default: false]
B:forceDisable=false
# The amount of ticks per player presence check for mob spawners. Set to 1 to disable the patch and match vanilla behaviour. [default: 10, range: 1-200]
I:mobSpawnerCheckSpeed=10
# Optimizes BlockPos mutable/immutable getters to run on the same variables, letting them be inlined and thus theoretically increasing performance. [default: true]
B:eek:ptimizedBlockPos=true
# Fix a bug in chunk serialization leading to crashes. Originally found and fixed by Aaron1011 of Sponge. [default: true]
B:patchChunkSerialization=true
# Replaces the default BlockState/ExtendedBlockState implementations with a far more memory-efficient variant. [default: true]
B:smallPropertyStorage=true
}
debug {
# Should FoamFix count and list baked models during deduplication, per mod? [default: false]
B:countListBakedModels=false
}
experimental {
B:cheapMinimumLight=true
# Optimizes the backing map for EntityDataManager, saving memory *and* CPU time! May cause issues, however - please test and report back! [default: false]
B:fasterEntityDataManager=false
B:parallelModelBaking=false
# Unpacks all baked quads. Increases RAM usage, but might speed some things up. [default: false]
B:unpackBakedQuads=false
}
general {
# Enable deduplication of redundant objects in memory. [default: true]
B:deduplicate=true
B:patchChunkSerialization=true
}
ghostbuster {
# Checks if worlds do not unload after a specified amount of time, and notifies the user if that is the case. [default: true]
B:checkNonUnloadedWorldClients=true
# The amount of time FoamFix should wait for a world to be deemed non-unloaded. [default: 60, range: 10-3600]
I:checkNonUnloadedWorldTimeout=60
# Wrap ChunkProviderServers to be able to provide the /ghostbuster command for debugging ghost chunkloads. [default: false]
B:enableDebuggingWrapper=false
# For FoamFix debugging/development purposes only. [default: false]
B:nonUnloadedWorldsForceGCOnCheck=false
# Should beds be prevented from ghost chunkloading? [default: true]
B:patchBeds=true
# Should the /ghostbuster debugger show neighbor updates? [default: false]
B:wrapperShowsNeighborUpdates=false
}
launchwrapper {
# Remove Launchwrapper package manifest map (which is not used anyway). [default: true]
B:removePackageManifestMap=true
# Weaken LaunchWrapper's byte[] resource cache to make it cleanuppable by the GC. Safe. [default: true]
B:weakenResourceCache=true
}
textures {
# If false, disables any patches from this category. [default: true]
B:enable=true
# Controls the faster animation path. 0 - disable, 2 - force enable, 1 (default) - enable on devices which have been shown to benefit from it. [default: 1, range: 0-2]
I:fasterAnimation=1
# The maximum amount of frames an animation can have for it to be cached. If you have a lot of VRAM, set higher. [default: 256, range: 0-2147483647]
I:maxAnimationFramesForCache=256
# Set to a number to disable animation updates past that mip level. -1 means update all. Higher numbers update more levels. To disable animation updates altogether, use the option for it. [default: -1, range: -1-4]
I:maxAnimationMipLevel=-1
}
tweaks {
# Prevent redstone from causing light updates by removing its light level. [default: false]
B:disableRedstoneLight=false
# Do not delay lighting updates over other types of updates. [default: false]
B:immediateLightingUpdates=false
}
{"algorithm":"rivens-half","updateChecker":false,"preallocateMemory":true,"fog":false,"beaconBeam":false,"fastHopper":true,"fastBeacon":true,"fastSearch":true,"asyncSearch":true}

On screenshot you can see pie chart data (it's processor load - textures sub-chart)
If I switch mipmap levels to not-zero value and then - back to 0, I'm getting FPS spike up to 18-20 for less then a minute, and after - back to 2-4 FPS.
Could you help me locate the reason for this to happen?
Thank you.
2020-01-03_20.19.24.png

ustus007

Jan 3, 2020
Thank you, that helped... Is there any way to find out which texture animation exactly was causing this and jsut disable that one - in that specific mod config? I'm generally OK with no animation on textures, but I'd prefer my lava and water flowing.