Moderators: They make you lose count(Longest thread still alive!)

• FTB will be shutting down this forum by the end of July. To participate in our community discussions, please join our Discord! https://ftb.team/discord

lenscas

Over-Achiever
Jul 31, 2013
55 day 4 I believe
Dear Diary
Today I discovered that there are sadly enough elves from my world here, who still don't like my kind.

Well, lets start at the beginning of this day. I first had to talk to a human called James. He wanted to know pretty much everything about my kind and wanted that I took some kind of test. The reason that he wanted me to take the test was so he and a few others could see what I already knew in terms of math and a few other things.

Before he left he gave Scarlet a book and he said that he would come back soon to tell me in what "class" I would be put, whatever that might be.

When I asked Scarlet about it she said that he was from the school here, a school being a building where children go and learn things from another being called a teacher. She explained that he would talk to other teachers about me and try and put me in a group called a class that would best fit my needs.

She then told me that until they have made their decision I had to work more on learning the English language and that he gave a book that would help. As you might have guessed she then gave the book she got from James and wanted me to sit down and do the exercises that are written in that thing.

While I was busy working on the exercises written in the book a friend from Scarlet visited her. She was curious how it was with us. This friend turned out to be an elf from my world and she was less then happy to see that I was a moon-elf. She didn't even try to hide her dislike she had to me and tried to convince Scarlet that I wasn't worth anything and Scarlet should try and see if she could get another child to care for instead.

Scarlet didn't like how the elf reacted to me and after a failed attempt to get the elf to be silent tried to get the elf out. Even going so far as hitting the elf before she finally got the messages and leave.

After this Scarlet sat down, almost crying because she just had hit a good friend or hers. After she calmed down a bit she asked me if I knew why the elf reacted like this. The answer to that question lies in the difference between how we live. The elves for example live doing pretty much no harm, they don't even hunt and their magic is only used to help the forest they live in.

We moon-elves on the other hand, we hunt, and even though we have the same magic as the elves we use it in a very different way as we use it as a weapon, during a hunt or during a fight. The biggest reason they hate us is because of how we show respect to the dead. We see it as disrespect to the dead if we bury entire bodies or let them go to waste in other manners, instead we use as much as possible of the dead as either food, clothes or something else. As a result, we aren't afraid to eat our own dead or even wear clothes made of their skin.

I'm going to keep it at this, I feel awful right now as Scarlet lost a friend thanks to me. Hopefully nothing bad happens tomorrow and maybe I can cheer Scarlet up.

(Soon things will be a bit better though for both of them. I was already planning to have some good things happen this day but I decided against that because reasons (3 major things happening in one day was a bit too much))

erindalc

Popular Member
Mar 3, 2015
Steam
56 I'll read it in a bit. I decided to clean out and rearrange my desk...and it's turning out to be a bigger project than I thought

EDIT: Another good job lens. I'm saving these in a text file, lemme know if you want it.

Last edited:

lenscas

Over-Achiever
Jul 31, 2013
56 I'll read it in a bit. I decided to clean out and rearrange my desk...and it's turning out to be a bigger project than I thought

EDIT: Another good job lens. I'm saving these in a text file, lemme know if you want it.

Look at the link in my signature :p
also 61

Someone Else 37

Forum Addict
Feb 10, 2013
63 Lens, how much did Dwarf Fortress inspire your moon-elves?

DF elves, while peaceful guardians of the forest when left to their own devices, will not infrequently devour the corpses of those they slay in battle. Which, naturally, ticks off any dwarves and humans that hear about it. It sounds like your moon-elves take that just a little bit further.

lenscas

Over-Achiever
Jul 31, 2013
66 @Someone Else 37 considering I never played dwarf fortress and except for what you have told me I know nothing about, I can only say: great minds think alike