Moderators: They make you lose count(Longest thread still alive!)

• FTB will be shutting down this forum by the end of July. To participate in our community discussions, please join our Discord! https://ftb.team/discord

lenscas

Over-Achiever
Jul 31, 2013
97 Well, I hope it is of the same quality as the others I wrote.
Dear diary,
Today I was finally allowed to leave this room. The first thing we did was going to the nearby forest, I have no words to explain how much I missed the dirt and leaves beneath my feet and to breath fresh air instead of the dry air in the room.
I also got my knife and pouch back, though they removed the seeds that I stored in it. Something to do with making sure no weird plants grow and overgrow the area or something like that. I still want them back though.

As for the rest of the area, the homes of everyone are basically the same as where I was in for the past two days except a bit bigger, with the beds being in their own room which can easily be split into two separate rooms if we would like that. Not that I would like that, I like it way to much to lay in Scarlets arms.

The houses are all underground, which does explain why there are no windows at all. They are all connected with pretty plain looking tunnels. There are also some special rooms that have different purposes, one of them has a square lake in it where people can swing. The water seems to very clean as the water is basically totally clear.

Another thing we did was that we got some clothes for me, however we didn't get much as much of the clothes we could get wasn't anything like what I would normally wear. That being said what I normally wear seems a bit abnormal here. I usually wear clothes that are made from the skin of animals that we have hunted, together with some plant material or something else to keep it altogether. Here however the clothes are made from a material I don't know and they just don't feel like anything I am used to.

Scarlet agrees with me though to not care what is normal for the people here. She likes how my current clothes looks and she says she would even talk to some people to see if she can get more clothes like these.

After dinner I asked Scarlet about why she hides her tail and I kind of wish I didn't do that. She told me that she had to hide her tail during her childhood as her species was often hunted on and if she would get caught she would get tortured and killed. Even worse was the fact that her species had no where to go and was forced to live in the same villages as those that hunted her. She told me that during her childhood she lost many friends because they where caught, some where killed before her eyes and there was even a time she had to stab one of her kind to death and fake that she enjoyed doing so.

I just can't grasp how horrible this time had to be for her and I'm surprised she told me all this without starting to cry, when I told her about my life before I was brought here I was basically constantly in tears. Even writing anything that reminds me about my past is hard for me.

After she told me about this she explained why she goes out of her way to make the food I would normally eat, wear clothes I would normally wear, have my normal sleep pattern even if she would have to change hers thus basically live my life like normal. It is because of her past. She currently just can't mentally bring herself to be one of her own kind. She is even ashamed of being what she is.

She likes me because I am not like that but her greatest fear is that the same would happen to me as what happened to her. That I too would rather hide what I am rather then show it and be proud of it.

I think I am going to leave it at this and go to bed. This time I wrote it before the first sleep and I think I am going to skip being active for tonight. Looking at Scarlet she seems a bit tired and I still feel bad for waking her up yesterday and even more so now that I asked that question.

Reactions: erindalc

lenscas

Over-Achiever
Jul 31, 2013
99 thanks :)

Also, I really need to grab the ubuntu font from somewhere, I like to give ubuntu some serious shit but damm I do love their font :)

lenscas

Over-Achiever
Jul 31, 2013
101 /me is off to bed.
Also, if anyone knows some other nice fonts feel free to say them. I don't know many fonts that I like and I would like to know a few for websites/ menu's for the gui of my computers/other stuff :)

(If you have big letters and want something fancy I can recommend http://en.codelyoko.fr/partenaires/evolufont.cl though again, its horrible with small letters but big ones are amazing. Then again, I am also biased towards it for obvious reasons :p)