Moderators: They make you lose count(Longest thread still alive!)

• FTB will be shutting down this forum by the end of July. To participate in our community discussions, please join our Discord! https://ftb.team/discord

lenscas

Over-Achiever
Jul 31, 2013
48 and...snowscript won't work.
However due to how eval works I can just make nice functions for the users so instead of having them write $battlefield->opponent->health=$battlefield->opponent->health-10;
they can write dealDamage("opponent",10 );
which is already a lot better (probably even better then how it would be if I had it totally done with snowscript ) :)
Even better is the fact that it doesn't seem that having 2 ";" at the end of a file causes crashes so I might just go ahead and replace all newline characters with ";\n" that way users don't even need to type the ";" thing.

So...now its time to prepare the database and make some cards that can be used to test it all :).
Also, I need to make an awful lot of functions I fear.

I also need some input about what would seem more logical
createLocalEffect($effectId) together with createGlobalEffect($effectId)
or
createEffect($isGlobal,$effectId)

I find the lower one a bit nicer as it would result in less functions to memorize but as local and global effects are pretty different from each other (local effects have a side they belong to while global's don't) having seperate functions to create/delete/whatever with them seems also logically. Having said that, perhaps add both ways?

lenscas

Over-Achiever
Jul 31, 2013
50 in other news, I now need to scroll to the side in phpmyadmin because it turns out that cards have a lot of data that needs to be stored :p