Moderators: They make you lose count(Longest thread still alive!)

• FTB will be shutting down this forum by the end of July. To participate in our community discussions, please join our Discord! https://ftb.team/discord

lenscas

Over-Achiever
Jul 31, 2013
@Someone Else 37
There is an expansion/addon/whatever you want to call it for PHP that makes php able to do the following things:
Although you are right about it needing Lua on your system, due to it being separate from both lua and php I would say it would complain seperatly for php and lua miss matches. And due to it being an extension for PHP I would assume that it would complain about lua being too old for this php version rather then complaining that this php version being too new.

That being said, I think I am going to change my plans "slightly". Due to the fact that I am going to store them in the database I should be able to make a nice gui for the basic stuff (like mana cost and all that stuff). I also know someone who made it possible to make simple C# stuff using a gui like computercraft edu does for lua. This means that I may go ahead and try to "port" it to php (if he would be so nice to give me the codes) with a few changes to make it even more userfriendly for this particular purpose. (I think I would rather port a C# program that writes C# code then a java(?) program that writes Lua due to the fact that the C# code has more in common with php then lua has with php.)
Failing that(or as an "advanced" feature) I might go ahead and see if there are languages that compile into php that are easier to use for people that can't program, just as how moonscript compiles into lua and was made to make programming in lua easier.

If all that fails, I may just go ahead and create a small "language" specifically made for this card game which would compile into php. It wouldn't be very advanced, maybe not even support real variables and/or loops of any kind. I say that it won't support those as it probably won't be needed anyway. I mean, this
"language" is targeted specifically at people that don't know how to write code, why would I assume they know how loops work?

(unrelated, I like how one of my teacher claimed that because this is a project I started myself I would go for the easier routes instead of the ones that would be the best for the project. When I am "seriously" considering to make a small language (if you can call it that) just for this project :p )