Modding partnership

Cptqrk

Popular Member
Aug 24, 2013
Nice work Alexiy!

Now go forth and post it to Curse.. You should share this :)

Cptqrk

Popular Member
Aug 24, 2013
Great work Alexiy!

I see someone else is just as grateful as I am!

Cptqrk

Popular Member
Aug 24, 2013
Hey @Alexiy Just wanted to let you know, the GF gives you a huge thumbs up on the killer table... Good work!

Celestialphoenix

Too Much Free Time
Nov 9, 2012
Tartarus.. I mean at work. Same thing really.
@Celestialphoenix I made a first version of your request. This mod replaces mycelium with my mycelium, which spreads to grass, paths, farmland, and all dirt variants; grows small mushrooms; removes leaves and vines above itself. I will get to TinCon's blocks in the next version after receiving feedback. Download - https://drive.google.com/open?id=1Np1HSEN0KthrqUd9No5ZaYd_vnzZDIYB

Sorry about the delay. Gave it a quick spin up and everything works ok. It also plays nicely with Forestry's farms. This'll be pretty cool if do the TiCon blocks too.
Would it be possible to halve the small mushroom growth rate?

Cheers mate.

Golrith

Over-Achiever
Trusted User
Nov 11, 2012
Could you make a small mod that adds one block? Call it "Polluted Earth". This single block spreads like grass/mycleium (but much slower) and replaces blocks indiciated in a config file. Can it also have a small chance of spawning a mob (again configurable)? Bit like a weak version of Cursed Earth from Extra Utilities.

No world gen required, I'd like to use this block in conjunction with another mod that would spawn that block.

Reactions: Celestialphoenix

Alexiy

Mar 3, 2014
Riga, Latvia
Could you make a small mod that adds one block? Call it "Polluted Earth". This single block spreads like grass/mycleium (but much slower) and replaces blocks indiciated in a config file. Can it also have a small chance of spawning a mob (again configurable)? Bit like a weak version of Cursed Earth from Extra Utilities.

No world gen required, I'd like to use this block in conjunction with another mod that would spawn that block.
I think I can. So, configurable spread rate, mob spawn rate, replaceable blocks and spawnable mobs? Will you make a texture for it or should I?

Golrith

Over-Achiever
Trusted User
Nov 11, 2012
I think I can. So, configurable spread rate, mob spawn rate, replaceable blocks and spawnable mobs? Will you make a texture for it or should I?
I can whip up a texture no problem.

I'm hoping to use it in my Manufactio Modpack. In that you have to deal with pollution, when it get's out of control, grass blocks are replaced with a configured block by the pollution mod, I'd like to use your mod to add more danger with more growth, block replacement and mob spawning.
It'll be a bit like a weak version of Thaumcraft Taint and XU Cursed Earth.

Last edited:

Alexiy

Mar 3, 2014
Riga, Latvia
I can whip up a texture no problem.

I'm hoping to use it in my Manufactio Modpack. In that you have to deal with pollution, when it get's out of control, grass blocks are replaced with a configured block by the pollution mod, I'd like to use your mod to add more danger with more growth, block replacement and mob spawning.
It'll be a bit like a weak version of Thaumcraft Taint and XU Cursed Earth.
Ok, here is the mod. The Polluted Earth block is in "Decorations" tab, I gave it a temporary purple dirt texture. The config contains settings for this block's spread rate, mob spawn rate (per random tick), and string arrays of replaceable blocks and spawnable mobs (registry names). The arrays are empty from the start, write desired block and mob identifiers there. https://drive.google.com/open?id=1Pt0vgaVzjOGh1nnyaPmsK7bVPodECBAi
Let me know if I've done something wrong.

Reactions: Golrith

Golrith

Over-Achiever
Trusted User
Nov 11, 2012
Ok, here is the mod. The Polluted Earth block is in "Decorations" tab, I gave it a temporary purple dirt texture. The config contains settings for this block's spread rate, mob spawn rate (per random tick), and string arrays of replaceable blocks and spawnable mobs (registry names). The arrays are empty from the start, write desired block and mob identifiers there. https://drive.google.com/open?id=1Pt0vgaVzjOGh1nnyaPmsK7bVPodECBAi
Let me know if I've done something wrong.
Looks like it's working:

2018-11-23_20.26.16.png

It's spawning mod added mobs, and spreading to the blocks indicated.
I'll rummage up a texture that isn't purple, so it's not confused with Taint/Thaumcraft

Also, it instant breaks when punching, can you add normal earth break speed to it?

Golrith

Over-Achiever
Trusted User
Nov 11, 2012
Polluted Earth.png

Here's a possible texture. Tried to blend the various "earth" textures, and gave it a washed out brown with light yellow "sulfur" spots.

Cptqrk

Popular Member
Aug 24, 2013
Is there a mod, or can you make one, that is client side that makes a noise when ever someone logs into a server?
I have two servers running, but I often miss when people log on (minecraft blinders on, you know..) Something that makes a Ping sound? Or what ever.

Alexiy

Mar 3, 2014
Riga, Latvia
Reactions: Golrith

Alexiy

Mar 3, 2014
Riga, Latvia
Is there a mod, or can you make one, that is client side that makes a noise when ever someone logs into a server?
I have two servers running, but I often miss when people log on (minecraft blinders on, you know..) Something that makes a Ping sound? Or what ever.
Client-side - no. There is an event that is fired on login, but it's only server-side. Thus a possible thing is: a player logs in -> server sends a packet to all players on it -> the packet plays the sound to a player. Or maybe I can make it so only specific players have the sound played...

Alexiy

Mar 3, 2014
Riga, Latvia
Sorry about the delay. Gave it a quick spin up and everything works ok. It also plays nicely with Forestry's farms. This'll be pretty cool if do the TiCon blocks too.
Would it be possible to halve the small mushroom growth rate?

Cheers mate.
I hopefully reduced mushroom growth, but the next version won't be soon, because I'll have to dig in TConstruct code much.
Cheers