Mod Release: OpenPeripheral

mikeemoo

Jul 29, 2019
As of the next openperipheral release, all methods for all blocks, including full descriptions of each function, its parameters and its return values will be ingame, and fully up-to-date at all times.

Regarding the problems you're having, the "direction" parameter needs to be "north", "south", "east", "west", "up" or "down".

cheers

budge

Jul 29, 2019
So the input chest is on the turtle's west, and the output is on its east. Replacing "right" with "east" gives an error "Target direction is not a valid inventory". I'm not sure where to go now!

I'm using OpenPeripheral 0.2.1 preview8. Thanks for the help.

Oh, and if I replace it with "west", no error, but nothing is moved. Switching to pullItem() with east/west gets similar results.

mikeemoo

Jul 29, 2019
The target chest needs to be next to the wrapped chest. For example:

[Chest] [Chest]
[Computer]

p = peripheral.wrap("back");
p.pushItem("east", 1, 1);

budge

Jul 29, 2019
Ooooooh so it's more like the CHEST is moving the item? That changes things. Gonna go test!

Edit: Works now, thanks Mikeemoo!

Last edited:

mikeemoo

Jul 29, 2019
Yup! Turtle isn't required. You do it from a computer instead if you like.

A wrapped inventory can push/pull to any inventory next to it. There's also a narcissistic turtle that can perform the inventory methods on himself, so you can push/pull from the turtle.

budge

Jul 29, 2019
Ah, cool. I wondered why the turtle's inventory wasn't considered valid.

I'm writing a script that will watch a chest and remove items that have been in it for more than a set time without being altered. Gonna be awesome.

Joemaximum

Jul 29, 2019
I am having trouble getting methods to work like they should.
For example, i go on the wiki and look at methods for an Ender Tank, wich give me this :
Code:
getTanks() Get information about an internal tank inside the block

Now i try this ... not working. Then i find out that the method name is getTankInfo() by using the getAdvancedMethodsData().

So i connect to the tank on the back of a computer, send the getTankInfos("back") wich should return me a table ... but i get a string (net.minecraftforge.fluids.FluidTankInfo@7da52426)

and this is one example ... first time i tried provideCell() on an applied energistics terminal, and got an attempt to call nil.

Im, using the FTB Monster pack, 1.0.3.

So is there any documentation that is up-to-date or i should just wait because its still not done yet?

I love this mod !! so much can be done with it :D
but for now i cant do much :(

edit: just saw that documentation ingame should be up-to-date, so gonna look there instead of the wiki, but still cant get the tankInfo right.

colonelhomer815

Jul 29, 2019
I'm playing on ftb TPPI and for some reason the terminal glasses module does not appear in the tinker table. Does anybody have any idea why that could be or what I an do about it?

Turtle of Doom

Jul 29, 2019
So hey, running Monster in 1.6.4 with both open peripheral and mps, but cant install the terminal glasses, any ideas?

kla_sch

Jul 29, 2019
Hi!

I am using the terminal bridge to display turbine informations. It works very well (very cool mod), but i have one problem: The bridge.getStringWidth() seems to return the wrong size of the string in pixels (only number of characters multiply by 8 ?). I need this function to align numbers to the right or cut long texts in a table.
In this thread i read, that 0.1.8 make some sort of bugfix to this function. So, i am not sure, if it is a bug or some configuration problem of the modpacks. I have tested it with Direwolf20 1.7.10 and Tekkit Main. Both with the same result.

My question: Is this still a bug or a configuration problem?

Have fun, kla_sch

tobsam

Jul 10, 2021
I know this post is incredibly old, but in case someone besides me is looking for the Modular Powersuits Terminal Glasses Module that once was part of OpenPeripherals - it's gone, stop looking. The MPS integration seemingly had a short lifespan between 2013-06-09 and 2014-01-01 (according to the actual GitHub commit history). That last build with the integration was for MC version 1.6.4, so I guess a 1.7.10 compatible version of the MPS integration simply doesn't exist. The removal was part of some refactoring and splitting OpenPeripherals into it's Core, Addons and Integration parts.

If any of the devs read this - I would love to see a comeback of that integration. The terminal glasses are a wonderful and powerful addition to Computercraft, but not being able to combine them with armor is making them pretty much useless in most cases.

Another simple, but perfect solution to this problem would be to allow the terminal glasses to be equipped in the Tinker's Construct mask slot or the Baubles amulet slot that exists in most modpacks and rarely have a use anyway. That way you could combine it with any helmet you wish.

Last edited: