Mod Release: OpenPeripheral

mikeemoo

Jul 29, 2019
Hi everyone,

I've made a new mod to go alongside the rest of the "Open" series (OpenCCSensors, OpenXP). This is called OpenPeripheral.

This mod doesn't use any block Ids, or item Ids. It's not needed on a client if you're playing in multiplayer - just drop it into your servers mods/ folder and it'll start working!

It turns many in-game blocks into peripherals that you can interact with. Simply drop a computer down next to the block and you'll be able to attach to it like you would with any other peripheral.

The list of blocks supported is completely managed remotely, so you'll rarely have to update the mod - more methods will just become available as support is added!

http://www.computercraft.info/forums2/index.php?/topic/13063-mc-152-cc-153-openperipheral/

Here's an example of me interacting with the vanilla noteblock:

More mod support is being added regularly :)

Reactions: Geometry

Credinus

Jul 29, 2019
Very nice. Any chance you can add some methods for working with tesseracts (check/change frequency, is output/input available, what and how much is in it)?

Credinus

Jul 29, 2019
Awesome work, I'll definitely be adding this to my Mindcrack server whenever it graduates from 1.4.7.

mikeemoo

Jul 29, 2019
OK, just made a pretty big release - version 0.1.1.

I've added 'terminal glasses'.

They're glasses you can wear, and you write code that pushes data to the glasses. You can draw boxes and write text.

When used in combination with other peripherals, this can be REALLY awesome.

Here's a simple example of a basic arrow counter, using OpenPeripheral terminal glasses mixed with OpenCCSensors:

http://www.computercraft.info/forums2/index.php?/topic/13063-mc-152-cc-153-openperipheral/

Reactions: Poppycocks

mikeemoo

Jul 29, 2019
If anyone ComputerCraft fans would like to do a mod spotlight, I'd absolutely love some good videos to show it off.

Poppycocks

Jul 29, 2019
OK, just made a pretty big release - version 0.1.1.

I've added 'terminal glasses'.

They're glasses you can wear, and you write code that pushes data to the glasses. You can draw boxes and write text.

When used in combination with other peripherals, this can be REALLY awesome.

Here's a simple example of a basic arrow counter, using OpenPeripheral terminal glasses mixed with OpenCCSensors:

D:

You just won the moder of the month award. I might be asking too much, but is it all possible have MPS integration for that? Allowing it to be used as a touchscreen in the inventory would also make me squee from pure joy.

natnif36

Jul 29, 2019
D:

You just won the moder of the month award. I might be asking too much, but is it all possible have MPS integration for that? Allowing it to be used as a touchscreen in the inventory would also make me squee from pure joy.

I asked directly on the CC forums, and apparently MPS intergration is not a priority D:
I want this, but flight control is kinda essential for well... Flying.
The ability to make a completely custom GUI essentially...
That's amazing.

mikeemoo

Jul 29, 2019
I've looked into it. It looks like I might need to speak to machinemuse to see if it's possible, because it's not looking like it is just yet.

Maybe at some point, though.

Poppycocks

Jul 29, 2019
I asked directly on the CC forums, and apparently MPS intergration is not a priority D:
I want this, but flight control is kinda essential for well... Flying.
The ability to make a completely custom GUI essentially...
That's amazing.
Well, I'd be bummed about losing the auto feeder as armor as well, also, I always put my bateries in the helmet :D. Not wearing my helmet means not wearing anything at all to me. But damn, do I want this... so.... bad.
I've looked into it. It looks like I might need to speak to machinemuse to see if it's possible, because it's not looking like it is just yet.

Maybe at some point, though.
Ooooh, interesting, nice to see people talk. TY Mike :).

Man, I expect that if KirinDave finds out about your goggles, then the popularity of this mod will sky-rocket xD.

natnif36

Jul 29, 2019
The funniest part is that he has installed the mod, so either he hasn't kept with the Changelog, or he just hasn't though of a way to use them that would be more be more benificial thane erythema in the powersuits head.

That's why he hasn't shown them yet - awesome, and has potential very powerful uses, but if having this means losing so much else, then it's possibly not worth it.
Also, I hope the sonar goggles can soon be installed in the head - they are
Pretty cool also, and again, mining with them is annoying when you are used to having flight control and auto-feeding, etc.

Basically, if something must be used instead of a powersuit piece, it tends not to be used.

Poppycocks

Jul 29, 2019
The funniest part is that he has installed the mod, so either he hasn't kept with the Changelog, or he just hasn't though of a way to use them that would be more be more benificial thane erythema in the powersuits head.

That's why he hasn't shown them yet - awesome, and has potential very powerful uses, but if having this means losing so much else, then it's possibly not worth it.
Also, I hope the sonar goggles can soon be installed in the head - they are
Pretty cool also, and again, mining with them is annoying when you are used to having flight control and auto-feeding, etc.

Basically, if something must be used instead of a powersuit piece, it tends not to be used.
Well, we have tinker as well, and that functionality is unfinished, but maybe if you could wear it in the mask slot....

Shouldn't be much harder than implementing an interface. Maybe I'll suggest this to the utilities guy as well :).

natnif36

Jul 29, 2019
Dave is well aware of the goggles.

Attachments

• image.jpg
    image.jpg
    139.6 KB · Views: 128

Poppycocks

Jul 29, 2019
Dave is well aware of the goggles.
Hahaha, can't wait to see what he cooks up with those.

Man, I really wish they had a touchscreen mode, controlling some of your systems out of your terminal glasses would make you look like a god damn techno god xD.