Mod Pack Releases.

slowpoke

Administrator
Team Member
FTB Founder
Jul 29, 2019
Mod Pack Releases.

To help out server owners, we are formally defining the release schedule for official FTB packs.

Alpha Versions: These are intended to get new content out to you as quickly as possible. This is done partly to provide a way for you to play with all the new toys, but also to get as many bug reports in as possible. These will be updated at any time and day whenever we have a new release ready. They are likely to have major content changes.

Beta Versions: Once a pack is in beta, updates will be released on an assigned day of the week. This day will differ for each pack. The pack will then be feature complete and the modlist will not have any major changes.

Stable Versions: If a beta is determined to be stable, it will be moved to recommended one week after its original release.

Once a pack has a stable version, updates will continue to cycle, releasing as beta first, then moving to recommend a week later. Beta versions will release with server files, while alpha versions may or may not. As new content for a pack slows down, releases may not come every single week, but will still only occur on the specified day. A major exception to this lifecycle is critical bug updates, they may be released to beta on and day of the week and will be moved to recommend shortly afterward. Hopefully this will be rare.

We used a similar schedule in the past, and are now ready to move back to it since we have a larger number of official packs coming out for 1.7.

There are a lot of bugs that result from combining hundreds of different modders' code. We strive to prevent these bugs from affecting your playing experience, and hence, are very careful with what we call a stable pack. We hope this release schedule will help server admins with running their servers.

Geech6

Jul 29, 2019
Beta Versions: Once a pack is in beta, updates will be released on an assigned day of the week. This day will differ for each pack. The pack will then be feature complete and the modlist will not have any major changes.

So, I'm guessing Dire's pack goes under, "when he wants us to updated it" kinda thing. There are a lot of bugs that need fixing in his pack and it's been at least 3 weeks since the last version came out.

Not trying to bitch, just looking for clarification.

edit: just checked the launcher, noticed that there is a new version. Question still stands though.

d3w10n

Oct 9, 2014
Next time use different title for post, like "Mod Packs life cycle" or something that will not make me think "OMFG its HERE" xD

Ocker

Jul 29, 2019
edit: just checked the launcher, noticed that there is a new version. Question still stands though.

Of the launcher? I just checked and DW20 pack is still 1.0.2 for me

Edit- just checked Dire's twitter and found that it is updated but not yet recommended - select from the "recommended" drop down menu 1.0.3

Last edited:

Ocker

Jul 29, 2019
Did you like, even read the post?

Not just like but actual, but not knowing about the versions in the "recommended" drop down menu meant that I did not understand until I saw the helpful instructions on DW20's twitter. Or are you saying that that was included in the original post - if so please provide the quote.

Nerixel

Jul 29, 2019
Not just like but actual, but not knowing about the versions in the "recommended" drop down menu meant that I did not understand until I saw the helpful instructions on DW20's twitter. Or are you saying that that was included in the original post - if so please provide the quote.
It's pretty well known that you select beta versions from the version drop-down.
Recommended = stable.

Smj

Jul 29, 2019
Did you like, even read the post?
Or are you saying that that was included in the original post - if so please provide the quote.
Stable Versions: If a beta is determined to be stable, it will be moved to recommended one week after its original release.

Aka, beta shit you have to manually select from dropdown if you wish to play before they are deemed stable, as per quote is one week of non-bugginess.

mailhobo

Jul 29, 2019
I am so ready for 1.7 modpacks to come out from you guys! I hope the FTB team doesn't have to many issues in making them!

Reactions: mattp_12