• Evertide!

Votes: 0 0.0%

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .

dragon_fang101

Jul 29, 2019
Episode 17:A castle, I promised.
5lpvomo.png
This is gonna be the entrance to the tower, and my tech room.
CqBuL8q.png
This is the lighthouse, thats sorta useless, but wanted to give it a purpose.
SuEWjIP.png
a whole castle shot.

Reactions: Yusunoha

epidemia78

Jul 29, 2019
Ok, ok, I get the message. I'll comment. Sheesh. Not that I dont appreciate the well deserved worship, mind you...but normally I refrain from commenting on unimpressive builds because I dont want to be discouraging but since you posted on my profile to get me to look...

Unfortunately I just cant think of much in the way of positive feedback on a big cobblestone box. Hell, I sometimes cant think of anything more to say than "looks cool" on ones that are impressive. It looks to me like you worked really hard but got no enjoyment from it. I do not think I am the best builder, just slightly better than average which is why I can feel justified in making threads for them. I would not waste people's time with them if they looked like this. I think anyone can do interesting builds, even people who dont have a lot of artistic skill. The most important thing is to stay motivated and enjoy the building process. In the case of the less artistically inclined people out there, an underground bunker full of twisty turny tunnels like an anthill is a good way to go, that way you only have to worry about the shape of the interior.

Last edited:

Azzanine

Jul 29, 2019
Thought Epi was being his usual abrasive self with that comment. But it seems that he was being gentle.
At least it's not a 9x9...
Give it some definition and frame up the structure a bit. Despite the derision you'd get from building cobble boxes. It is possible to make them not as bad.

Sent from my GT-I9100 using Tapatalk

Reactions: dragon_fang101

KingTriaxx

Forum Addict
Jul 27, 2013
Michigan
It's not a bad start for the keep of the castle, but it definitely needs some expansion.

A couple of useful tips. Depth. One block walls are fine to keep out monsters and the like, but adding a bit of an outer layer, such as framing the door with cobble blocks, so they're sticking out some. Stairs around the bottom level, sticking out make it look like there's a foundation on it. If it feels too thick, place down a carpenter's block and hit it with a hammer. That will cause it to compress into a slab. Then you can have depth without being too thick.

Second, use Chisel. It's got a lot of great options even for plain old cobblestone. I like the Smooth cobblestone, the bricks and the dented variants. Smooth for the floor, dented for the ceiling and bricks for the walls for example. Alternately, for an aged look, use tiled cobblestone, and intersperse it with damaged cobble tiles. The building appears worn or used.

The tower is good, but could use more wood. Wood makes a structure feel supported.

All that said, I do like the simplicity of the design. Just needs some more flash.

I love villages. After the Zombies eat all the villagers, I can disassemble a village into construction material.

epidemia78

Jul 29, 2019
That being said, I encourage you to keep at it
Thought Epi was being his usual abrasive self with that comment. But it seems that he was being gentle.
At least it's not a 9x9...
Give it some definition and frame up the structure a bit. Despite the derision you'd get from building cobble boxes. It is possible to make them not as bad.

Sent from my GT-I9100 using Tapatalk

I am making a concerted effort to be less of a jerkface.

Reactions: KingTriaxx

dragon_fang101

Jul 29, 2019
WHYYYYYY!!!
well, something happened, now my world is pretty much useless.
i'll explain later, now i'm gonna search for a backup.

dragon_fang101

Jul 29, 2019
basiccly forge decided to be stupid, and switched the version to 1.8. well, guess what? the mods havent updated to 1.8, so pretty much all my thousands of carpenter's blocks, plus a ton of other mod stuff is gone. well, now I can't find the forge version I was using, so I can't get it back.
If anyone knows how to use a backup from aromabackup, that would be greatly appreciated. until then, I'm gonna rot away in the corner.

Yusunoha

Jul 29, 2019
basiccly forge decided to be stupid, and switched the version to 1.8. well, guess what? the mods havent updated to 1.8, so pretty much all my thousands of carpenter's blocks, plus a ton of other mod stuff is gone. well, now I can't find the forge version I was using, so I can't get it back.
If anyone knows how to use a backup from aromabackup, that would be greatly appreciated. until then, I'm gonna rot away in the corner.

I'm guessing aroma should've created a directory inside your minecraft folder where it saves the backups to, in that location you should find your most recent backups