Mod Development Section?

Discussion in 'Web Feedback' started by xbony2, Sep 7, 2014.

?

Yay or nay?

1. Yay!

100.0%
  2. Nay!

0 vote(s)
    0.0%
  1. xbony2

xbony2 WikiWorker Wiki Staff FTB Mod Dev

I feel will should have a section for discussion of modification development, since there are many mod authors that are active on these forums, like Reika and Covert. It would be nice to discuss stuff like standards and whatnot.

2. SatanicSanta

SatanicSanta New Member

I definitely agree.

3. CarbonBasedGhost

CarbonBasedGhost New Member

Yes, this should be useful.

4. Yusunoha

Yusunoha New Member

agreed on this, would be quite helpful for mod developers who're starting out and for mod developers who want to discuss mod developement

5. Lumaceon

Lumaceon Popular Member

Yes, but only the actual mod developers should be allowed to make threads (posting ability would be public, just the thread creation would be limited).

6. xbony2

Pushing people asking newby questions out of the way would be good I suppose :rolleyes:

7. Strikingwolf

Strikingwolf New Member

8. SatanicSanta

SatanicSanta New Member

But what about people who want to learn?

9. Strikingwolf

Strikingwolf New Member

subsection maybe? or devoted thread?

SatanicSanta likes this.
  10. SatanicSanta

SatanicSanta New Member

Perhaps similar to the "Ask a simple question" thread in Gen FTB.

xbony2 likes this.
  11. CarbonBasedGhost

I would push for Section and I would really like a response from someone on the FTB team, I understand no answer can mean no but I am unsure whether or not a moderator has read this.

SatanicSanta likes this.
  12. SatanicSanta

SatanicSanta New Member

13. Lumaceon

Lumaceon Popular Member

People learning about modding with forge really should join the forge forums and/or IRC. I'd expect this forum section to be more about the artistic/conceptual side of the development, rather than the technical.

SatanicSanta likes this.
  14. CarbonBasedGhost

The implementation of a Mod Developing section on our forums, would be a lot different from the forge forums. All that goes on in that forum is Q/A but here people come for the latest mod facts/updates and maybe with that they can do some other things and answer questions.

Come for the wings, stay for the game.

That reminds me I have some Hot Honey BBQ wings left over and some nice TV shows on now. :p[DOUBLEPOST=1410222355][/DOUBLEPOST]I know this sounds weird but this forum gives off a different vibe then the forge forums does. Our forum we have a nice community who loves to collaborate. So we can achieve a different level of mod development on our forums. We at least should just put it up and see how it goes.

SatanicSanta likes this.
  15. Strikingwolf

Strikingwolf New Member

16. Strikingwolf

Strikingwolf New Member

Why no post?

17. xbony2

Well, he hasn't been hyper active recently @Captainnana