Mob spawner not work

• Please make sure you are posting in the correct place. Server ads go here and modpack bugs go here
L

Ljukic

I'm playing SkyFactory 2.5 and I tried to build a very simple mob spawner without water, but mobs don't spawn in it. Why? Where is my fault? Thanks

rCKML7W.jpg

Zarkov

Mar 22, 2013
Is the floor also made out of slabs? I think that will prevent spawning.

Stroam

Jul 29, 2019
The floor is flush with the trap doors so that's fine for spawning. I see no indication of light levels but I assume it's dark. I will also assume you are not on peaceful difficulty. The only other thing it could be is your are not between 24 blocks and 128 blocks away.

Reactions: rhn
L

Ljukic

Is the floor also made out of slabs? I think that will prevent spawning.

No, the floor is made up with planks

The floor is flush with the trap doors so that's fine for spawning. I see no indication of light levels but I assume it's dark. I will also assume you are not on peaceful difficulty. The only other thing it could be is your are not between 24 blocks and 128 blocks away.

I tried to go far away, like 35/40 blocks, but only few mobs (like 1 or 2) spawn in the structure and didn't fall down :(:D

Hambeau

Over-Achiever
Jul 24, 2013
No, the floor is made up with planks

I tried to go far away, like 35/40 blocks, but only few mobs (like 1 or 2) spawn in the structure and didn't fall down :(:D

The right side of your image indicates Oak Slabs, but I cannot tell what it refers to.

Also, what is the Y-level of your spawner? Some mobs don't spawn at certain levels, although mostly I've seen elevation used to avoid allowing bats, which add to mob count while not falling in the trap.

L

Ljukic

The right side of your image indicates Oak Slabs, but I cannot tell what it refers to.

Also, what is the Y-level of your spawner? Some mobs don't spawn at certain levels, although mostly I've seen elevation used to avoid allowing bats, which add to mob count while not falling in the trap.

Y level is 64...

Inaeo

Jul 29, 2019
Y level is 64...

Many people build mob traps up high to reduce the number of mobs that can spawn outside the trap. Remember that if you have mobs around (passive mobs in pens, for instance), they count toward the spawn capacity, which will negatively impact your mob farm's efficiency.

Dkittrell

Jul 29, 2019
Many people build mob traps up high to reduce the number of mobs that can spawn outside the trap. Remember that if you have mobs around (passive mobs in pens, for instance), they count toward the spawn capacity, which will negatively impact your mob farm's efficiency.
this is incorrect, passive and hostile mobs dont count towards each other limits.

regarding the OP question, you need more a bigger area to better the spawning rates You pointed out you did have mobs spawn but they didnt fall down so that means they can spawn.

L

Ljukic

I would try raising it. Bats may be spawning which may benlowering your chances.

this is incorrect, passive and hostile mobs dont count towards each other limits.

regarding the OP question, you need more a bigger area to better the spawning rates You pointed out you did have mobs spawn but they didnt fall down so that means they can spawn.

Thanks to all for the replies. When I play today the situation was like that:
D0bbMo8.jpg
I think that the problem i solved :)

Thanks