Mob location making horrible lag?

Status
Not open for further replies.

TehAnder

Jul 29, 2019
After a few minutes of gameplay FTB is unplayable becasue my framerate drops to 0-5 fps. Reason? Something to do with mobs and their locations, i guess. Always when that lag starts my console is also spamming white and red lines like crazy. White ones say something like "Wrong location!ow'Bat'92258, and chords of my world" (at the word 'Bat' there's also other mobs including all hostile and squids). After that comes like 10 red lines and all over again.

Here's my console (note it only says bats, but sometimes its zombies, skeletons, squids. Lags horribly though): http://pastebin.com/Mnd1SA6H (starts at line 1375)

I believe i'm not the only one with this problem. Hopefully someone of you know what the deal is, cause i can't play FTB otherwise. Please, help me.

TehAnder

Jul 29, 2019
Dont think that's the case. Bunch of items could explain this, but how could that explain them mystically appearing from no where instantly? I'm more guessing chunk loading is messed up but then again dont have an idea how could i fix it. Might be something else, i can't understand these error logs anyways.[DOUBLEPOST=1361907317][/DOUBLEPOST]Is this an actual FTB bug that could be fixed by modders or is this more of a client side problem?

Booker The Geek

Feb 26, 2013
Pacific North West, USA
Hi Tehander, Lets see if we can get this resolved. :)

I know this might seem totally unrelated, but do you still get this error if you turn the sound off?
You do, well....

First, please backup your Feed-the-Beast (FTB) folder. Unless you don't mind losing your saves, then do not worry about it.
  1. Delete your FTB folder.
  2. Delete the FTB launcher folder
  3. Delete the FTB launcher.
Is it all gone? Now it looks like your fully updated on java.... And it looks like your computer is 32bit. :(

Ok, next we want to...
  1. Re-download the FTB launcher from the website. I recommend the .EXE, just cause that is what I use.
  2. Launch FTB, use the RECOMMENDED! Version of your favorite mod-pack. (Yes, another DW20 fan!)
  3. When Minecraft start, DON'T start a new game, exit, and relaunch the launcher.
  4. Edit the modpack and remove everything "wireless redstone" from the pack.
  5. Launch.
At this point, we will have determined if it is the modpack itself, Optifine, or the launcher. If the problem still is going on, exit out of everything, re-launch the game, and DO NOTHING. Just stand their untill the glitch starts to happen. It is recommended to use NEI to go into creative, or to change your difficulty to peaceful.

In the console, in the bottom middle is a log level option, please turn it to degug, so we can have all the information. :)

Reactions: TehAnder

TehAnder

Jul 29, 2019
Thank you for your help! You're the man :)
Anyways, done everything you said- deleted EVERYTHING, re-downloaded, disabled wireless redstone and created a new world - everything ran steady and smoothly (30 fps is alot for me). Then opened my main world, and got 20 fps out of her (not terribly much, but depending on my machinery, it's pretty fair) and no errors yet. So far so good :) Though tested only for ~10 minutes cause i'm tired but will certainly full-scale test it tomorrow.

Zexmaxwell001

Jul 29, 2019
you need to use that tool that I linked in the other thread. set it to delete everything then move the region file over to your backed up world. I had to do this with arrows, and it was the only way of doing it. At least you know where the problem location is. I had to delete all the entities in my whole server to fix it.

TehAnder

Jul 29, 2019
you need to use that tool that I linked in the other thread. set it to delete everything then move the region file over to your backed up world. I had to do this with arrows, and it was the only way of doing it. At least you know where the problem location is. I had to delete all the entities in my whole server to fix it.
Seems like a pain to do.. The problem is, this error 'gets fixed' for couple of minutes when i exit and re-open FTB. Then sooner or later it starts again. Deleting entities could get rid of this weird error currently happening, but it wouldnt stop it happening again in future, would it? This time problem was arrows, but sometimes it's zombies, skeletons, squids etc.

TehAnder

Jul 29, 2019
Well it ain't gonna fix itself.. Seriously someone help me i haven't played FTB for 2 weeks now casue of this dumb bug/error/what you want to call it..

TehAnder

Jul 29, 2019
Your pastebin link is not working. Could you please re-post a new log?
Here's a fresh one: http://pastebin.com/mC7aCxyg
Started right as i launched my world (line 706)[DOUBLEPOST=1362152764][/DOUBLEPOST]
Are you using a version of FTB running on Minecraft 1.4.6? That version of Minecraft had a nasty bug with arrows - that's why 1.4.7 was released.
Yeah, i was, cause Booker the Geek suggested using Recommended and it is 1.4.6, but now i'm 1.4.7 and this problem still exists.

Velotican

Jul 29, 2019
Ruling that out then, the entity table on your world save is totalled. How you managed that I have no idea. Basically every single mob is corrupt; no wonder you're lagging!

Because entities are not stored as a separate file, to fix this you'd have to disable entities somehow in-game. Barring that, your world is damaged beyond recovery, I'm afraid. :(

TehAnder

Jul 29, 2019
Ruling that out then, the entity table on your world save is totalled. How you managed that I have no idea. Basically every single mob is corrupt; no wonder you're lagging!

Because entities are not stored as a separate file, to fix this you'd have to disable entities somehow in-game. Barring that, your world is damaged beyond recovery, I'm afraid. :(
Well.. That's sad, but seriously how i managed to do that have no idea! Game is trying to kill me, i guess.. The fact that all of my other created worlds don't have this error (even direwolf20 ep 30 map) kinda proves this.. I guess that's a Bye Bye to my world, eh?

NdMSnIpEz

Jul 29, 2019
Minecraft could actually really do with a world entity toggle for stuff like this. :(
There is a mod that within you are able to stop all mob spawns, but you'd still need the other program to get rid of the existing ones.
Looks like you won't be able to fire any sort of projectile, either :(
The mod is called Forge Mob Spawn Controls.
EDIT: Having the exact same problem! TehAnder, have you found any chunk errors that are persisting? if so, then it's definitely the exact same problem as mine:
http://forum.feed-the-beast.com/threads/stack-trace-loop-dw20-pack.20516/

Status
Not open for further replies.