Mob Grinder Armor Processing Setup

• Please make sure you are posting in the correct place. Server ads go here and modpack bugs go here

kingskybomber14

Jul 29, 2019
So, i decided that instead of just sending all armor and weapons into a trash can, i should try instead to process them into useful resources. But, there is nowhere to go from there. I have tried looking at the autopackager as well as the ExtraUtils autocrafter, the Ender IO autocrafter and the RF tools autocrafter, but unless i'm missing something, there doesn't seem to be a way to get a crafter to ignore enchants and damage. Is it actually impossible in this pack, or am i missing something?

MacAisling

Popular Member
Apr 25, 2013
Kearneysville, West Virginia
Which pack and which version of minecraft? As far as I can recall, the best ways in 1.7.10 and before were with Railcraft (you could process damaged items into ingots with a loss roughly equal to the damage) and with an auto-anvil (I think added by MFR, but I'm not sure) to combine up to full durability before processing. Some people liked to throw in a disenchanter to strip the enchants onto books for later use.

If you don't need the gold but just don't want to throw it away, IC2 has it's scrap system and AE2 has it's matter condenser.

Anyhow, you would need to find filters or patterns that use fuzzy logic.

Zarkov

Mar 22, 2013
In 1.10 you can use the Repairer from Actually Additions to first repair armor (using only RF) and then the SAG mill from Ender IO to get diamonds etc. (swords are not accepted). The repairer needs 5000 RF/t to keep running and 40 diamonds and some setup to craft though, so from an efficiency point of view it probably doesn't make sense.