Mining Turtle stopped working, asking for help

Slikrick98

Jul 29, 2019
So i set up a couple turtles excavating and they would all dump their contents into an ender chest and the area was loaded by a chunk loader, the entire area i made sure was loaded. now here is my problem, when i broke my mining turtles and set them up again (i quit game and so obviously they stopped working) the turtle os would not open on any of them, it would just show a blank screen where none of the ways to reboot or terminate would fix it, is this a new problem, is there a way to fix it?
i am using the ftb unleashed pack, this is the first time i have encountered this problem. i have quit ftb, reset my computer, idk how to fix the turtles.

Attachments

• 2013-08-01_16.26.30.png
    2013-08-01_16.26.30.png
    99.6 KB · Views: 114

draeath

Jul 29, 2019
Did you label the turtle? (if you didn't, you erased it's contents when you broke it)

Slikrick98

Jul 29, 2019
i had one labeled yes but im saying the normal computercraft turtle os isnt loading up and its just a blank screen, that always loads up even if they arent labeled

this is happening with all turtles and computers not just mining turtles

casilleroatr

Jul 29, 2019
I don't mean to sound patronise you, but are you sure that holding ctrl+t or ctrl+r or ctrl+s didn't work? You need to hold it for at least one second.

I have an idea that probably won't work but it might be worth a shot. Craft the offending turtles alongside a wireless modem. Perhaps the fact that it is a new item will mean that it will work again? If you had any programs saved on that computer that you haven't already backed up you can access them through your save file. minecraft>saves>(name of your world)>computer>(the turtles id).

Also, it is worth checking to see if CraftOS and TurtleOS boot up on other computers and turtles. Once, I accidently ran a script that went like this,

while true do
print("Placeholder Code")
end

and it appeared to crash every computer in the game. Don't know why but after I did that, all my computers had stopped working. However, shutting down and restarting worked to stop it.

draeath

Jul 29, 2019
That sounds like a bug. If computercraft doesn't yield to an API call or sleep() for... I think 10 ticks, it is supposed to terminate the running program. This is intended to prevent exactly that - runaway loops from causing problems.

Slikrick98

Jul 29, 2019
That sounds like a bug. If computercraft doesn't yield to an API call or sleep() for... I think 10 ticks, it is supposed to terminate the running program. This is intended to prevent exactly that - runaway loops from causing problems.

its not a running loop is my current problem and its not just the turtles i had running its every single computer its every single different turtle i can make or spawn in (i did cheat mode to figure that out) its as if the entire computer craft mod just shut down on me. i havent tested if its just my world i will do that in a sec, i know i gave the world to my computer (im on my laptop) and they werent working on there either. i had no startup program on my turtle and it seems everything shutdown, this has happened to one turtle or two before but only the singular turtle not every single computer craft item (at least the ones i tested)

** i did test and it is just that specific world, should i disable and re enable computercraft i dont have massive computer machines working so thats not a problem

Slikrick98

Jul 29, 2019
I don't mean to sound patronise you, but are you sure that holding ctrl+t or ctrl+r or ctrl+s didn't work? You need to hold it for at least one second.

I have an idea that probably won't work but it might be worth a shot. Craft the offending turtles alongside a wireless modem. Perhaps the fact that it is a new item will mean that it will work again? If you had any programs saved on that computer that you haven't already backed up you can access them through your save file. minecraft>saves>(name of your world)>computer>(the turtles id).

Also, it is worth checking to see if CraftOS and TurtleOS boot up on other computers and turtles. Once, I accidently ran a script that went like this,

while true do
print("Placeholder Code")
end

and it appeared to crash every computer in the game. Don't know why but after I did that, all my computers had stopped working. However, shutting down and restarting worked to stop it.

i did hold ctr+t and ctr+r and ctr+s those were the first things i tried, i didnt have any startup commands or any commands made at all, they were simple excavating turtles, i did try craft os and that didnt work either, every single turtle i spawned in wireless different types wouldnt work, i have no idea what the problem is.

casilleroatr

Jul 29, 2019
It might be worth re installing computercraft. Make sure you run your world at least once with computercraft uninstalled. Don't worry when you get the screen that says something like conflicting ids between save and game or something like that when you load your world.
Also, it might be worth checking the Computercraft website to check if this was a known bug and to see if it was fixed in a later version.

Malexion

Jul 29, 2019
The version of CC in unleashed feels riddled with bugs, this all happens quite frequently on my server, there are quite a few CC related crashes as well.

Just have to hope and pray for a CC patch.