Mining drill won't craft

Status
Not open for further replies.

MFINN23

Jul 29, 2019
If you've got things like macerators, extractors, and compressors but not a simple power tool something's off. Nether fortresses are not a normal early game task. Honestly I've got the solution already so I'm not really invested in this debate but I don't see how someone can come to the conclusion that you should have to conquer a nether fortress before getting a power tool. I feel like people who are arguing for it are not actually starting new worlds and already have their infrastructure in place. Otherwise you need to take long breaks from the mods to grind out tasks vanilla style.

Pinkishu

Jul 29, 2019
a)
dunno, making a new world you can get a nehterportal quickly and should do so anyway for netherrack+lava
then you find a fortress, get 2 blazerods and macerate those up.; not an early game task? well eh you jus thave to kill a few blazes, not like you're setting up a farm or something
then you either find slimes or you make slime with factorization

you do not need a mining drill actually, bronze pickaxes work very nicely until you get one~ which doesn't take too long but own't be the first thing you make

b)
as people pointed out newer verison of gregtech have a blast furnace that doesn'T need magma cream~

Enigmius1

Jul 29, 2019
damages.... rly ?
it enhances gameplay for people that play since beginning of ic and are fed up that you can get like everything within a matter of few hours into the game where you have nothing more to achieve. if you are lazy and cheap you can just turn it off.

I'm not going to let myself get neck-deep in this thread because the gregtech controversy has seen it's day, but I will just say that I'd put my last world up against your last world in a comparison of overall "challenge" any day. If your idea of "challenge" is just having Quantum gear and the resources to recharge it, your idea of "challenge" is my idea of infrastructure. That means that when you're saying, "I'm done", I'm saying, "now to get started."

Don't ever use the argument that people who don't like gregtech just want "cheap and easy", because there is a hell of a lot more to FTB than just IC2 and some of those things represent a hell of a lot more challenge than just grinding materials and feeding machines. Savvy?

Zelfana

Jul 29, 2019
The GregTech blast furnace doesn't need magma cream but it needs 191 iron among other things like redstone and various machinery to make the components. Yeah, don't have to go to the scary Nether if you waste hours of your time mining the materials.

Pinkishu

Jul 29, 2019
If you define mining as waste of time I wonder why you play this game :p

So you have the decision between going to nether or making a gregtech blast furnace, not so bad imo. Besides it is weird that everyone assumes they _need_ a mining drill for whatever reason Oo

Don't ever use the argument that people who don't like gregtech just want "cheap and easy", because there is a hell of a lot more to FTB than just IC2 and some of those things represent a hell of a lot more challenge than just grinding materials and feeding machines. Savvy?
Well the thing is quantum armor = easymode, thus it should be hard to obtain~ General rule: more powerful item => harder to obtain
Yeah it isn't _that_ hard yet but that doesn't really point against GregTech

Challenge in FTB? Hmm dunno it appears challenge is whatever you make it. You don't need to do anything besides building a dirt hut to be able to say "I'm done"~ You want a mining drill? Well then you go get steel.
You're too lazy to make steel? then you automate it, or not~ etc

So which challenges do you make for yourself, those that you are talking about? Sure theres more to do than just making quantum, but its a part of the challenges one can make for themselves.
Besides, GregTech makes the end interesting (note: in newer versions) <3 something which all other mods seem to have failed so far

And GregTech does more than just changing a couple recipes, it also adds nice and fun new tools to play with

noskk

Jul 29, 2019
The GregTech blast furnace doesn't need magma cream but it needs 191 iron among other things like redstone and various machinery to make the components. Yeah, don't have to go to the scary Nether if you waste hours of your time mining the materials.

It indeed needs 191 if you "only" play IC2+GregTech (I doubt you do)..

4 Standard Casing recipe: 6 Refined Irons+ 2 El. Circuits + 1 Machine Block(Swappable with Sturdy Casing and Machine Frame(TE) ..
say you use Sturdy Casing instead of mMachine Block, you will need around 72 irons, some rubbers, 56 coppers, 18 tins, and some other thing..

For the Controller Box: You need around 40 Irons Ingots and some other misc. metal thingie

so in total.. 112 iron ingots+ some other metals..not too bad..

Narcisism

Jul 29, 2019
Oh look. Another thread derailed into a debate about GregTech. It's times like this I wish I was a moderator. *sigh*

ScottWears

Jul 29, 2019
Guys we have had the discussion on gregtech time and time again the op asked a question and had it answered so i'm closing this thread

Status
Not open for further replies.