Mining drill won't craft

Status
Not open for further replies.

MFINN23

Jul 29, 2019
That's pretty lame. No idea how to do that. If I disable gregtech is that going to mess up ore generation?

harley032707

Jul 29, 2019
go to where you saved the launcher..open FTBBETAA..open minecraft..open config..open gregtech.cfg...open that with notepad++ or another text editer..

go to the bottem and you will see

Code:
usefullrecipes {
  Compress2Storageblock=true
  ElectricSteelTools=true
  ExpensiveBCQuarryRecipe=false
  ExpensiveMaceratorRecipe=false
  ExpensiveNukeRecipe=true
  ExpensiveSolarRecipe=true
  ExpensiveWatermillRecipe=false
  ExpensiveWindRecipe=false
  MMIngotOnlyRollingMachine=true
  Storageblock2Macerator=true
  TincellsPer4Tin=8
  WatermillReverseCrafting=true
}

if you set "ElectricSteelTools" to false that will change the recipe to refined iron instead of steel. This is also how you can reset some other recipes back to standard ic2 defalts

Reactions: MFINN23

simon48xbox

Jul 29, 2019
go to where you saved the launcher..open FTBBETAA..open minecraft..open config..open gregtech.cfg...open that with notepad++ or another text editer..

Code:
usefullrecipes {
  ElectricSteelTools=true
  ExpensiveNukeRecipe=true
  TincellsPer4Tin=8
}

if you set "ExpensiveSteelTools" to false that will change the recipe to refined iron instead of steel. This is also how you can reset some other recipes back to standard ic2 defalts
You mean "ElectricSteelTools" right? ;)

MFINN23

Jul 29, 2019

Code:
usefullrecipes {
  ElectricSteelTools=true
  ExpensiveNukeRecipe=true
  TincellsPer4Tin=8
}

if you set "ElectricSteelTools" to false that will change the recipe to refined iron instead of steel. This is also how you can reset some other recipes back to standard ic2 defalts
Thanks man, you rock. :D

ICountFrom0

Forum Addict
Aug 21, 2012
Vermont
The ways that greg damages other mods...

Oh, you want dark iron? Sorry, that requires a compressor, you are going to have to climb this tech tree I MADE CHANGES to over here, in this OTHER MOD, that you are not even trying to USE in order to get that iron block.

Reactions: GreenWolf13

Weird0

Jul 29, 2019
The ways that greg damages other mods...

Oh, you want dark iron? Sorry, that requires a compressor, you are going to have to climb this tech tree I MADE CHANGES to over here, in this OTHER MOD, that you are not even trying to USE in order to get that iron block.

damages.... rly ?
it enhances gameplay for people that play since beginning of ic and are fed up that you can get like everything within a matter of few hours into the game where you have nothing more to achieve. if you are lazy and cheap you can just turn it off.

ICountFrom0

Forum Addict
Aug 21, 2012
Vermont
"lazy, cheap" so, you think insulting me is a polite and proper way to respond?
If the only thing they greg changed was IC2 things, I'd have nothing to stand on, but the changes to the game are wide and far and cause unmitigated trouble in other mods.

Syscokid

Jul 29, 2019
If you have a problem with gregtech then just disable it. Some people like it and some like yourself don't which is fine. Mods you dislike just disable and continue on with your life.

noskk

Jul 29, 2019
My liking it or not is an opinion. Harmful to the other mods in the pack is rather more important.

Compressor is pretty low tech.. and to make dark iron you need some diamonds (for the igniter).. so I presume by that time you already have a compressor.. GregTech becomes better at later version when he introduce Industrial Blast Furnace (to make steel and other) and Industrial Grinder (this one is EPIC)..If there's one thing I would like to complain.. that would be the chrome amount needed for fusion reactor set up..

ICountFrom0

Forum Addict
Aug 21, 2012
Vermont
I still reserve to reverse my opinion when I get my hands on the later versions, but now because it harms other mods, I am not fond of it.

ICountFrom0

Forum Addict
Aug 21, 2012
Vermont
If you mean "forces you to use those other mods" then yes, it does.

Lets face it, if it's installed in the pack, then you will be using it because if you don't nothing else will work properly. That's a BAD feature for something in a modpack to have unless it returns a huge bonus.

The counter argument is always "take it out". That represents nothing less then complete surrender. This is a statement that the mod itself is not worth having. That is not at all a defense of having it in the pack.

The funny thing is, I saw what it added, and I was one of the first ones to suggest it as an addition to the pack. I just never noticed how badly it harmed the other mods.

Reactions: GreenWolf13

Pinkishu

Jul 29, 2019
You can disable it without anything else not working properly... Oo

I don't see it harming anything lol. And it doesn't force you to, it says if you want a mining drill you need to make steel.
It does not force you to make a mining drill, thats like saying IC forces you to build reactors

shnelle

Jul 29, 2019
I'm one of the new one people to mods and I see pepoles point about making it more challenging. However if you get people on who really don't know anything about Tekkit at all I recommend them to disable the Gregtech. I thought it was part of the norm and it simply made me avoid the harder recipes. Instead of trying out solar arrays I built myself a water tower. Instead of building a mining drill I skipped it completely. I built the quarry and mining lazer. It makes you skip recipes all together and not experience all the game has to offer.

Status
Not open for further replies.