Minetweaker 2 1.6.4, HELP with modded recipe!

VenomFrog

Jul 29, 2019
Hello, ill keep this short, simple and to the point.
Im making a hard progession pack, i dont like EnderIO's cheap recipe for machine chassis, and i wanna change it.
for some reason, my codes are not working at all. and the lack of support from /r/feedthebeast, moddedMC, TPPI, Minecraft is just pitiful. This is the last bit of help i could find :(

So, here is what i have so far, and nothing is working.

EnderIO.cfg
HTML:
# Make Machine Chassi require steel
recipes.remove(MachineChassi);
recipes.addShaped(MachineChassi, [  [IronBars,ingot Steel,IronBars],
                        [ingotSteel,null,ingotSteel],
                        [IronBars,ingotSteel,IronBars]]);

main.cfg
HTML:
# See the forum post for example and documentation.
version 2;

# set your list of server admin usernames here
# admins are privileged users and will receive
# any error messages that might occur.
minetweaker.setAdmins("kiio9ul");

# Add your commands here
include "EnderIO.cfg";
include "Names.cfg";

Names.cfg
HTML:
#########
#EnderIO#
#########
MachineChassi = <8790>;

#########
#Vanilla#
#########
IronBars = <101>;
IronIngot = <265>;

###########
#RailCraft#
###########
ingotSteel = <7798>;

What's wrong with my code? Now, i am self taught with Minetweaker, and noone has offered to help me yet, so i am sorry for my lack of knowledge.

buggirlexpres

Relatable Gamer
Trusted User
Retired Staff
Nov 24, 2012
she/her
twitter.com
Try
Code:
recipes.addShaped(MachineChassi, [[IronBars, ingotSteel, IronBars], [ingotSteel, null, ingotSteel], [IronBars, ingotSteel, IronBars]]);
Because several misplaced spaces.
And if that doesn't work, providing the Forge logs would help.

VenomFrog

Jul 29, 2019
Try
Code:
recipes.addShaped(MachineChassi, [[IronBars, ingotSteel, IronBars], [ingotSteel, null, ingotSteel], [IronBars, ingotSteel, IronBars]]);
Because several misplaced spaces.
And if that doesn't work, providing the Forge logs would help.
where would i find Forge Logs? like i stated, this was all self taught by looking at Agrarian Skies minetweaker. im at a knowledge of ZERO.

VenomFrog

Jul 29, 2019
And if that doesn't work, providing the Forge logs would help.[/quote]
I Assume you mean ForgeModLoader.Log or something. the only thing of interest i found was
HTML:
    2014-09-01 18:14:41 [INFO] [MineTweaker] Thermal Expansion support loaded
    2014-09-01 18:14:41 [INFO] [MineTweaker] Settings admins to [kiio9ul]
    2014-09-01 18:14:41 [SEVERE] [MineTweaker] /EnderIO.cfg:2Symbol MachineChassi not found.
    2014-09-01 18:14:41 [FINEST] [MineTweaker] Sent event FMLPostInitializationEvent to mod MineTweaker
Any other tips? please? any site or video i could watch to learn this?

Ommina

Aug 14, 2014
Looking at the "SEVERE" there, I'm going to guess that you need to import Names.cfg before EnderIo.cfg --- you're referencing a symbol ("MachineChassi") before defining what the symbol is.

So switch the two imports in main.cfg and see how that goes.

Reactions: buggirlexpres

VenomFrog

Jul 29, 2019
Looking at the "SEVERE" there, I'm going to guess that you need to import Names.cfg before EnderIo.cfg --- you're referencing a symbol ("MachineChassi") before defining what the symbol is.

So switch the two imports in main.cfg and see how that goes.

Yes! that worked :) i wasn't aware that the arrangement had to be in order!
the only complaint i have is that only RailCraft steel is used, how do i add oredictionary?
I make OreDict.cfg, inside THAT do oredict.ingotSteel.add(<7798>); Then in main.cfg i put it under Names.cfg right? and then all ingotsteel would work?

Ommina

Aug 14, 2014
Well, only if you want RotaryCraft steel to be used interchangeably with all other steels, which has the side effect of making other steel-consuming recipes accept it. This may not be what you want.

I think I would be tempted to change Names.cfg to read ore:ingotSteel instead of <7798>. That way you (should, I'm winging this here!) get the current ore dict steel list, without adding to said list. (Unless it really is your desire to add RotaryCraft steel to all recipies, but that seems opposed to your stated goal of a more difficult progression.)

VenomFrog

Jul 29, 2019
Well, only if you want RotaryCraft steel to be used interchangeably with all other steels, which has the side effect of making other steel-consuming recipes accept it. This may not be what you want.

I think I would be tempted to change Names.cfg to read ore:ingotSteel instead of <7798>. That way you (should, I'm winging this here!) get the current ore dict steel list, without adding to said list. (Unless it really is your desire to add RotaryCraft steel to all recipies, but that seems opposed to your stated goal of a more difficult progression.)

Just tried this, ill see how it goes :) thank you so much for the help!
(If i have any other issues regarding MineTweaker, would you mind if i PM'd you? Not many Tutorials out there for it)

Im hoping once i learn basic's like this, i can change easy recipes/furnace related stuff for my pack :)

VenomFrog

Jul 29, 2019

Well fuck :/ it worked with just regular Railcraft steel ID. but adding the ore:ingotSteel now has made it so its back to the normal recipe.
http://gyazo.com/924085b10da6f381cf64e38d456b77a8
heres what i have :mad: Any ideas?

Ommina

Aug 14, 2014
Take out the braces -- the <> delineate item IDs (and are how minetweaker distinguishes 'number that should be treating as an item id', and 'number that should be treated as something else').

VenomFrog

Jul 29, 2019
Take out the braces -- the <> delineate item IDs (and are how minetweaker distinguishes 'number that should be treating as an item id', and 'number that should be treated as something else').
I tried it with, AND without the braces. both did not work and the recipe resorted to the original Iron ingots :/

Any last thoughts? i just need to know how to name it with oredictionary >__<

Last edited:

Ommina

Aug 14, 2014
Nothing off the top of my head. At this point, I would go back to the ModLoader log, as you did above, and see what it has to say about things. That would at least give us a clue where to look next.

VenomFrog

Jul 29, 2019
Nothing off the top of my head. At this point, I would go back to the ModLoader log, as you did above, and see what it has to say about things. That would at least give us a clue where to look next.

I Couldnt find any issue :/ i dont know whats going on then. could you try to recreate the scripts?

Golrith

Over-Achiever
Trusted User
Nov 11, 2012
I did the same myself in 1.6.4

matSteel=oreDict.ingotSteel;

then here's a recipe for one of the machine frames:
recipes.addShaped(<20060:0>,[[matSteel, matGlass, matSteel], [matPlast,matAlum,matPlast], [matSteel,matOsmium,matSteel]]);

VenomFrog

Jul 29, 2019
I did the same myself in 1.6.4

matSteel=oreDict.ingotSteel;

then here's a recipe for one of the machine frames:
recipes.addShaped(<20060:0>,[[matSteel, matGlass, matSteel], [matPlast,matAlum,matPlast], [matSteel,matOsmium,matSteel]]);

I already enabled "hard mode" in Thermal Expansion. thanks!
But is that all you need though? just the oreDict.ingotSteel?

Golrith

Over-Achiever
Trusted User
Nov 11, 2012
I already enabled "hard mode" in Thermal Expansion. thanks!
But is that all you need though? just the oreDict.ingotSteel?
Just posted that recipe as an example, couldn't find my enderio one :p Hardly bothered with defining items, just used item IDs directly :D

Yep, just oreDict.ingotSteel, no < or > for oreDict entries.

VenomFrog

Jul 29, 2019
Just posted that recipe as an example, couldn't find my enderio one :p Hardly bothered with defining items, just used item IDs directly :D

Yep, just oreDict.ingotSteel, no < or > for oreDict entries.
Youre the best :D thanks man! it works!
(this thread was to help to solve an issue, AND help me successfully change recipes of other items) :) thanks again!

VenomFrog

Jul 29, 2019
Have you checked the wiki?
http://minetweaker.powerofbytes.com/

It helps a little bit, although some explanations are as clear as mud.
i looked through the wiki, some other forums posts for about a week before i came here :/ but thank you! now i know how the format of recipes and oredictionary!
One last question however, what if i want to add something to oreDictionary? like the HSLA steel? (i dont, but curious)
would i make another script called OreDict.cfg?

Golrith

Over-Achiever
Trusted User
Nov 11, 2012
From wiki:
  • The simplest oreDict edit is adding an item to a pre-existing oreDict name, as such:
    oreDict.plankWood.add(tile.leaves);
Now ANY type of Leaves are equivalent to ANY type of Wooden Planks. Handy if your mod forgot to add its custom wood to the ore dictionary.

• It's also possible to define new ore dictionary items simply by using an ore dictionary name that doesn't exist yet:
    oreDict.myAnyIngot.add(item.ingotGold);
    oreDict.myAnyIngot.add(item.ingotIron);
So, oreDict.ingotSteel.add(item.ingotIron);
makes iron the same as steel