Open Server Minesphere: Factions PVP Server! Direwolf 1.13| Custom Plugins | Mature and Skilled Staff

• This section is now closed. Server owners can remake their threads in the new server section here. If you are looking for a server you can use both this section and the new section for the time being.

Cronos988

Jul 29, 2019
As you know, we have currently banned that item due to economic concerns.
Some players have expressed that they are unhappy with that, so I want to have a discussion.
I have posted a thread on minesphere's official forum: Link
I will repeat it here, for those that don't have/don't want to make an account.

Here is an outline of these concerns as I, personally, see it:
1. 4 Gold to 1 Diamond:
This Recipe, while in accordance with vanilla rarity of ores, turns into 2 gold ores to one Diamond (even with the most basic ore processing system), basically making Diamonds half as valuable as they were before. Exacerbating this problem is the fact that Gold, while it is used in many recipes, is seldom used in quantity. Almost all gold based recipes either only use one ingot or turn out multiple items. From personal experience, gold seems to build up quite significantly. That means that Diamonds get even less valuable. While it may be true that Diamonds, are themselves no longer especially valuable with all the mods, it still upsets the pretty central position of the Diamond as a valuable item.

2. 4 Iron to 1 Enderpearl:

Enderpearls are very rare if you don't have an End Portal at your disposal. Enderpearls are, however, used in many high level recipes and power World Anchors. That makes them an important commodity. On the other hand, Iron can be mined with significant speed, and getting 2 stacks of ores in one hour is by no means an unusual feat. Even when farming Endermen in the end, farming iron ore is still potentially the faster way to get enderpearls. And it removes the contention around End Portals, which could otherwise make them interesting "hot spots" for conflict.

3. Completely devaluing UU-Matter:
UU-Matter is basically the alternative to a minium stone, and in my opinion, currently the more interesting one. The features are very similar, but UU-Matter requires significant infrastructure to be reliably produced. Infrastructure is a form of challenge, and the Minium stone removes that challenge from the game. If I ask myself: What system provides the more rewarding gameplay, it's UU-Matter.

4. Less incentive to go out
The Minium stone enables you to make do with what you have without requiring you to leave your base. If more people stay in their bases, that means less interaction between players in the world.

So in conclusion, I would like to keep the minium stone banned. Maybe enable players to sell their accumulated minium shards at the spawn to boost their income.
What are your opinions on this?

Cronos988

Jul 29, 2019
Update: After the release of a fixed Buildcraft Version, Quarries are now available.

As a side effect, all Buildcraft machines manipulating Blocks, including quarries and pumps, will NOT WORK on Faction territory of ANY KIND. That means you will have to set these devices up in unclaimed territory, i.e. the Wilderness. Which is risky, but having them available is worth it in our opinion. Forestry farms do still work as before.

Also, in regard to protecting bases, I want to re-emphasize that wooden doors and chests can be used by other players even if you are offline. Do not set up unprotected chests in faction territory if you are partial to your stuff.

KaosC57

Jul 29, 2019
Update: After the release of a fixed Buildcraft Version, Quarries are now available.

As a side effect, all Buildcraft machines manipulating Blocks, including quarries and pumps, will NOT WORK on Faction territory of ANY KIND. That means you will have to set these devices up in unclaimed territory, i.e. the Wilderness. Which is risky, but having them available is worth it in our opinion. Forestry farms do still work as before.

Also, in regard to protecting bases, I want to re-emphasize that wooden doors and chests can be used by other players even if you are offline. Do not set up unprotected chests in faction territory if you are partial to your stuff.

Will we need to update our versions of Direwolf20 Pack?

Cronos988

Jul 29, 2019
Recent issue: Due to a bug in the current MCPC+ Version, Chunkloaders, from whatever mod, including the load function of quarries, will randomly stop working after a certain amount of time. The MCPC devs are already aware of that isse (see here), and we will hopefully have a fix soon.

Will we need to update our versions of Direwolf20 Pack?

No. These are all back-End changes that won't require a change on the client side unless otherwise stated.

Cronos988

Jul 29, 2019
Information: We have made some balance changes to modular power suits. These include:
  • Cutting all Battery sizes (min as well as max energy) in half
  • Increasing the cost to re-charge the suit
  • Increasing the energy cost of the Walk/Sprint Assist as well as Jetpack and Jetboots
These changes are intended to bring the MPS closer in line with other options, such as Quantum, and make it require a bigger infrastructure while in constant use. The Battery size changes require actually increasing the Battery up from the min size, thereby generating weight. Together with increased energy costs for Movement, this should mitigate the extreme mobility advantage MPS has over everything else. These balance changes are WIP and will be adjusted as we test them.

Important note: Due to the structure of the MPS Mod, these changes will not be properly reflected in the Tinker table, and your armor pieces will have a wrong max energy readout. Current energy is displayed correctly, so you will still know how much energy you have left. We will release the serverside config for download (probably over on Minesphere) once the changes are stable so your client knows the correct values.

Also the Trade-o-Mat is currently buggy and causes server crashes. Do not use it.

Regarding the Economy, we will be setting up a Forestry trading system that will allow you to buy Mystcraf items such as Linking books, including books with the intra-linking and disarming modifiers. Due to the amount of money currently generated by jobs, these will be expensive!
The was the trading system works will be as follows: Players will be able to buy industrial credits at spawn. These serve as a currency for the Forestry trading network. Similarily, Postage stamps will be available at the spawn. this should enable a severwide economy.

Kipperlenny

Jul 29, 2019
Due to the popularity we have just ordered a new server - more RAM, more CPU, more Everything - hopefully it will be ready by next week.
Please always use the domain to connect survival.minesphere.eu and not the IP - because the IP will change shortly.

Nothing else will change (no map reset), and hopefully the downtime will only be a few minutes.

Kipperlenny

Jul 29, 2019
Hm, no and yes:
The hoster is doing a disk backup (image) before we can start with migrating - due to this, the server is down (for some hours)

12.09.2013 14:31:22 INFO
Backup wird erstellt.

Kipperlenny

Jul 29, 2019
Sleep an hour and play tonight :D

Server is already up and running again - we will switch to the new server tomorrow morning i guess, first test with minecraft was successfull already.

Kipperlenny

Jul 29, 2019
Does anyone know who raided my base (GoodDevils) the last days? Missing a quarry, solar arrays/panels, macerator and much more....

Cronos988

Jul 29, 2019
Some new information: There is now a Mystcraft Hub which players can use to access random ages to collect pages. If a faction wishes to use their ages to create their own Age, they can do so for a fee of $ 1.000.000 (in-game currency, gained via the jobs plugin).
Faction-specific ages will be created using the page-setup of the faction. The Descriptive book to the age will be publicly accessible in the Mystcraft hub, and the age will feature a safezone/warzone combination to keep it accessible. However, this is a unique way for factions to build in exactly the environment they want.

Please do not attempt to set up a base in one of the changing random ages. These will be taken down and deleted regularily. Also Do not log out in any of these ages, as subsequent deletion might make it necessary to delete your player data.

Kipperlenny

Jul 29, 2019
Important faction perm information

Don't use painbuild YES for Enemies or Neutral - in this faction version everyone would be able do destroy blocks inside your claims!

Kipperlenny

Jul 29, 2019
In one of the earlier faction versions u could use a painbuild - without the "build" - if someone tried to break a block he got damage, but the block woudn't vanish.