Minecraft not starting.

Status
Not open for further replies.

needoriginalname

Jul 29, 2019
Hello, for a while now I can't get ftb minecraft to start on my college's cse computers. (yes, we are allowed to do this given within our 1 GB limit)

I can get vanilla minecraft and the technic modpacks (such as technic, tekkit, and voltz) to run onces I get the launcher up.

But FTB modpacks so far are not working.

Here is a link to the pastebin link. http://pastebin.com/AcQ0i6h5

Booker The Geek

Feb 26, 2013
Pacific North West, USA
Hm... College computers. And asshole IT people and their silly permissions.... :D

ONLY for the OP! Not for anybody else reading this thread....
In the options tab, change the install folder to the desktop.

I think you are having a problem with permissions....

Booker The Geek

Feb 26, 2013
Pacific North West, USA
It looks like your mod-pack did not download correctly... Try and select force update under the options tab...

Are you in with the IT peeps? Ask them to update java....

What mod-pack are you trying? Get DW20 or MindCrack to work before trying ultimate.

Booker The Geek

Feb 26, 2013
Pacific North West, USA
  • Please upload "C:\Users\camm\AppData\Roaming\Direwolf20\minecraft\crash-reports\crash-2013-03-06_09.11.48-client.txt"
  • Java Version: 1.7.0_15 is not what the first one was... it was Java Version: 1.7.0_13
  • Please also load the console log to pastebin and link here....

Booker The Geek

Feb 26, 2013
Pacific North West, USA
So after talking to some of my Corporate IT/Java geek friends....

You are going to need to know how your college has there computers setup...
  • Most colleges use a sort of virtual setup with the computers, along with special security (Special as in most home users don't/won't ever want/need to use)
  • FTB loads up java, which is looking for itself, but it is not REALLY there, it is being loaded of of a server every time the computer starts. (No idea why this is an issue with FTB and not other launchers/vanilla)
  • I am at a loss as to why it is not working... My best advice I can give you is to ask the IT guys at the college for help/information
  • I would also suggest creating a ticket on the new support site, with a link back to here.
Good luck, and I am sorry I couldn't be more help. :)

Status
Not open for further replies.