Minecraft Mod Book Series

Blorph

Jul 29, 2019
I'm planning on writing some books that guide you through installing, playing, and (possibly) make mods, Can you guys give me suggestions of (large) mods that I could write about?
The format for the book(s) is yet undecided due to my inability with coming up with ideas.

Thank you, and I hope I can come up with something.

Reactions: The Mobius Archives

Omicron

Jul 29, 2019
Well, you can see very quickly what mods are currently popular with players by taking a look at what is being dsitributed via the Unleashed pack. Or alternatively, whatever Direwolf20 is currently playing with in his youtube series.

Blorph

Jul 29, 2019
Ok thanks! I think I'll set up a poll regarding this. By the way I like that you used a greek letter as your name.

GuacheSuede

Jul 29, 2019
Hello People, i am already making a mod for a In-game wiki. Currently Writing for Railcraft wiki and have already finished the IC2 module. Here is a screenshot for the IC2 module. The place on the right is a "tab -like system". I will plan to work on other mods too such as forestry. I have already talked to Player (IC2 Developer) abt this and he likes it. Will be talking with other mod developers too to make a In-gamw wikie for their mod. Thus, Niels dont have to worry as i will talk to the developers to make sure it's right. rail craft and Mfr done. Applied Energestics done. working on Te3 wiki now.

Note: White lines would be removed to reduce irritation. The item in the box is a spinning item thus its angle when picture was taken.

Mod%20Preview.PNG

Last edited:

Niels Henriksen

Jul 29, 2019
Wikis are the community's job. :) If the developer spent all his time writing and maintaining the wiki, he/she would not have time to add new and awesome features.

Well... a developer have to take the time it needs to write documentation for using of his program/mod - but right - the real manual can be written by somebody else but not only some who is trying to see how the mod is working.

Reactions: Blorph

DrEinsteinium

Jul 29, 2019
Well... a developer have to take the time it needs to write documentation for using of his program/mod - but right - the real manual can be written by somebody else but not only some who is trying to see how the mod is working.

I agree the developer needs to write the initial documentation, but hey, then people like Direwolf20 wouldn't have a job. ;)