Minecraft crashes when i open inventory

Status
Not open for further replies.

Chantry Williams

Jul 29, 2019
so i finally got all the mods installed, only to have the dang game crash any time i try and open any sort of inventory. crafting tables, furnaces,... even trading with a villager! help me please!!

Attachments

• crash-2012-11-16_00.13.05-client.txt
    15.1 KB · Views: 121

Vauthil

Jul 29, 2019
Finally got all the mods installed? I would hope that the launcher did that just fine....

NEI seems very unhappy with you. Do you have NEI and CodeChickenCore installed as CoreMods?

Chantry Williams

Jul 29, 2019
i couldnt figure out how to get the launcher to install all the mods into my minecraft.jar, so i just opened all of the mod files with winzip and added them into my .minecraft... guess i need to figure out which one(s) i missed

Vauthil

Jul 29, 2019

The launcher should handle all mod installation work for you without the need to insert them into the .jar. What mods did you put into the .jar?

Ashzification

Jul 29, 2019
i couldnt figure out how to get the launcher to install all the mods into my minecraft.jar, so i just opened all of the mod files with winzip and added them into my .minecraft... guess i need to figure out which one(s) i missed
Ok, the launcher downloads all of the mods. The launcher has it's own minecraft. So what you do, basically negated the reason for the launcher.

Delete your launcher. Reinstall the launcher into a BRAND new folder with nothing else in it.
You may need to turn off your AV while you're doing this (or uninstall depending on what you have).

Chantry Williams

Jul 29, 2019
i cant figure out how to get the launcher to add the mods into my Jar... when i launch minecraft from the launcher, it just launches vanilla minecraft

Chantry Williams

Jul 29, 2019
so, if they dont go into the .minecraft.jar, how to they work? in the past, ive always had to add the mods into my .jar file

Vauthil

Jul 29, 2019
so, if they dont go into the .minecraft.jar, how to they work? in the past, ive always had to add the mods into my .jar file

Yeah, that's how mods used to install in general.

Nowadays, two mods -- Forge and FML (Forge Mod Loader) -- handle all the stuff you used to have to put them inside the .jar for. Mods in the FTB pack thus do not require this treatment.

As Ash said -- you should be launching minecraft from the FTB launcher. If it's showing up as modless when you launch it that way, then we can troubleshoot from that step, but you don't need to alter any of the files so intimately anymore. =)

Chantry Williams

Jul 29, 2019
i do, i tried using the launcher. it opens a small window saying "downloading mod pack Please wait" i let that get completely done, and the launcher automatically launches a minecraft game. i set up a world, and its still vanilla....

Status
Not open for further replies.