Minecraft Base

Mr.SandMan

Jul 29, 2019
Hello, With a mix of boredom and curiosity I'm curious about what you call home!

Me personally i end up making "Hobbit Houses" i carve out a bit of a mountain biome (Extreme hills or Similar). I make the front of the house out of wood and try to give is a "home-y" appearance. Then usually i make several stories of 15 x 6 x 15 rooms down to around bedrock ( Y 4) Pretty? No, but it works and there is a lot of space so i like it.

Mr.SandMan

Jul 29, 2019
pics or it didn't happen
What difference does it make to you? I'm not claiming I'm a good builder or anything. I know it happened that's what matters in this particular situation. Now i ask you this. Will you stay on topic and tell me what your Minecraft base look like?

Last edited:
Reactions: JohnJohn1983

PhoenixSmith

Jul 29, 2019
I like either underground bunkers, large circular towers, or sprawling rectangle office complexes. Usually depending on how much time I want to put into decorating and aesthetics. :p

Reactions: Mr.SandMan

DriftinFool

Jul 29, 2019
I let the landscape dictate my builds. I usually avoid plains biomes for that reason. Most of the time, I find a cave to spend my first few days in while I gather supplies to build my starting base. Then I build multiple buildings as I expand into higher level tech and need more room. My current main base uses alot of the Chisel paper walls(always like trying out new stuff). I am in the process of clearing out a large area to build a brick/stone factory building.

Mr.SandMan

Jul 29, 2019
I let the landscape dictate my builds. I usually avoid plains biomes for that reason. Most of the time, I find a cave to spend my first few days in while I gather supplies to build my starting base. Then I build multiple buildings as I expand into higher level tech and need more room. My current main base uses alot of the Chisel paper walls(always like trying out new stuff). I am in the process of clearing out a large area to build a brick/stone factory building.
Cool!

ljfa

Jul 29, 2019
I often end up with a more or less small wooden hut above ground and most of my stuff and infrastructure in an underground bunker. Sometimes I build a second story in my hut but it's more often than not unused, probably because it's easier to hide cables underground.

QuantumCookies

Jul 29, 2019
What difference does to make to you? I'm not claiming I'm a good builder or anything. I know it happened that's what matters in this particular situation. Now i ask you this. Will you stay on topic and tell me what your Minecraft base look like?
Sorry if offended you m8, I was just using an internet joke in an attempt to be funny.
Anyway, I don't have anything to show ATM, but I definitely like combining fantasy/medieval/steampunk houses with modern machines. I really like that effect.

JohnJohn1983

Jul 29, 2019
I like mountain biomes and building a basic 1 level house with garden and roof etc on top but then you go into the basement where everything happens within the mountain. Rooms, hallways and rooms that are dedicated to specific mods.

M-A12

Jul 29, 2019
I'm rather plain :p I like to first start out in a cave or hovel, then build a house and repurpose said cave or hovel, i like build modest buildings and keep them all fenced off in one large well-lit area

WavingStory

Jul 29, 2019
I'm the master of square house and laziness. I just build a square house, then have fun attacking mobs for no reason even if I can't stop saying: "i need to make s*** automatic"

GamerwithnoGame

Over-Achiever
Jan 29, 2015
My approach is very similar to a lot of you - make a cave, usually in the side of a cliff or similar, and dig in and down. I do tend to dig further into the land as well as down, laziness really as I prefer to stick to one level for my useful stuff :p

- GwnG

epidemia78

Jul 29, 2019
I am disgusted at you guys and your laziness, lol. other than the first few times I played, all of my bases are spread out over a few chunks because I know from experience how laggy things can get otherwise. I usually go for a high tech room for AE, a medieval style room for thaumcraft and an industrial setting for Mekanism.

QuantumCookies

Jul 29, 2019
I am disgusted at you guys and your laziness, lol. other than the first few times I played, all of my bases are spread out over a few chunks because I know from experience how laggy things can get otherwise. I usually go for a high tech room for AE, a medieval style room for thaumcraft and an industrial setting for Mekanism.
Steampunk is the best of both worlds.