[Mindcrack] Updating to 8.0.1 caused low fps, high server load

Status
Not open for further replies.

Gor

Jul 29, 2019
Hello.

Running Mindcrack pack on a server, unaltered.

The main base has a factory deployed, roughly one of each machine from IC2/TE/FZ

We updated from v7 to v8.0.1, and all people logging in (at base) are reporting extremely low fps (like 3). Turning all graphics to minimum gets the fps up to maybe 12. Under v7 there was some slight fps drop because of the scene complexity, but not a drop to unplayable, debilitating levels.

Accompanying the low fps, is a constant server load (even while standing still). Here is the graph from the server:

serverlag_zpsaca39fba.png

This is with all machines off.

Under v7, this graph would be pretty close to zero levels.

The main point is this: under v7 -- things were normal. updating to v8.0.1, changing nothing else, and things are broken.

Also, moving away from the base restores fps and removes the server load. (The base is chunkloaded.)

Reactions: gohankami

xukkorz

Jul 29, 2019
I think that there is a memory leak in one of the mod sets in 8.0.1. I've been getting massive lag and crashing in ssp with messages that there is a leak. I submitted a ticket and have yet to hear anything from it.

Gor

Jul 29, 2019
I've placed a bona fide ticket in the new support system, basically just a copy of this OP.

The one additional symptom is that players coming in over the net get up to 2-minute delays when pressing buttons, opening chest, etc.

Pretty much feels like something is spinning its wheels, over-rendering or whatnot.

I'm a little swamped atm, but I do intend to take a copy of the world and start hacking things out of it to seen when the load drops.

gohankami

Jul 29, 2019
I've taken out all of my IC2 machines and it seemed to help. Putting them back in starts to slowly mess things up. Seems like the recycler causes TONS of problems too.

Grealish

Jul 29, 2019
I've been having this issue even in Single Player. I also have noticed that the Mojang screen takes a lot longer to load. The game ran very smooth before this update on my pc so I figured it had to do with the update.

RabbitRan

Jul 29, 2019
I, too, am having a great many problems. One curious thing to note is that it seems like NEI might be one cause, I start experiencing sever lag and inevitable crashes when I look up the uses for an item. It isn't always NEI that causes it (in any obvious way), but that is one pretty surefire way of causing it.

Bickers

Jul 29, 2019
might be IC2 are there any messages in the logfile the current IC2 build spams 5 or so messages or so per sec per machine if the machine isnt getting enough power

Status
Not open for further replies.