MindCrack Pack - Thaumcraft - Greatwood Leaves Turn To Silverwood Leaves When In Focus

Guswut

Jul 29, 2019
ANSWERED!

Whenever I look at a greatwood leaf block, it turns into a silverwood leaf block. They share the same item ID, with one of them being a subitem). Does anyone have any idea as to what this may be, and, possibly, a solution? Thank you.

EDIT: Greatwood saplings, when moused over, change into the missing texture purple texture, and when broken give blaze powder. Stranger and stranger.

Answer:

Are NEI Highlight Tips enabled? That could be related to the problem, I seem to remember some trouble with NEI Highlight Tips and TC3.

Entropy

Jul 29, 2019
This sounds like all sorts of weird stuff. The blaze powder issue is likely an ID conflict, as for the others, I have no idea. Have you installed any other mods on top of the regular install?

Guswut

Jul 29, 2019
This sounds like all sorts of weird stuff. The blaze powder issue is likely an ID conflict, as for the others, I have no idea. Have you installed any other mods on top of the regular install?

I have, but on a standard copy of the MindCrack pack it does the same thing. Incidentally, if I start to break the greatleaves-turned-silverleaves, and then drag my mouse away, they change back into greatleaves. Mousing back over them causes them to switch back to silverleaves. Thanks.

Entropy

Jul 29, 2019
I'd recommend that you delete the install and download a fresh one. I'm not totally sure what the issue is here, except that something in your Thaumcraft 3 zip is screwy. Don't forget to back up your saves/configs/texture packs. Sorry I can't help here, I've never heard of this issue. Best thing to do is get a fresh install an try again.

Guswut

Jul 29, 2019
I'd recommend that you delete the install and download a fresh one. I'm not totally sure what the issue is here, except that something in your Thaumcraft 3 zip is screwy. Don't forget to back up your saves/configs/texture packs. Sorry I can't help here, I've never heard of this issue. Best thing to do is get a fresh install an try again.

I tested it on an entirely fresh install of the MineCrack pack, and the results are identical. Is anyone else seeing this/can test if they are getting a similar result? The easiest way to test is start a brand new map, give yourself a stack of Greatwood Leaves (1610 : 0), place a few, and then put your mouse over them. Thanks!

Whovian

Jul 29, 2019
Are NEI Highlight Tips enabled? That could be related to the problem, I seem to remember some trouble with NEI Highlight Tips and TC3.

Guswut

Jul 29, 2019

Ah, that is it. Thank you! I shall remember to disable the highlight tips when I need to look at greatwood leaves.