[MindCrack Pack] GregTech and Chrome

• Please make sure you are posting in the correct place. Server ads go here and modpack bugs go here

Unium

Jul 29, 2019
So i'm 2 weeks old into a map created with mindcrack pack SMP.

Until this date it was a work in progress to acomplish just one thing. Make a huge nether lava to overword to unlimited EU... and in the process make a couple of matter fabricators.

I'm playing with GT normal (hard) with no recipes changed whatsoever.

Last night i was exited because it finaly came to the point i was going to construct the matter fabs, and soon after assemble a nether lava UltraMegaHiper Pumping station :D

Guess i was so wrong..... some stupid item needs tungsten ingots and i thought... ''well... just macerate some tungsten ore... put it inside the Industrial blast furnace and you'll be fine..''... ERRRRR my industrial blast furnace needs advanced machine casings or something with a similar name that need a lot of chrome ingots.

Now my question.... i allready macerate all my rubys (3 stacks?) to get chrome dust.... i need the same or more than 3 stacks to even get close to the amount of chrome that i will need. Where the hell do i get more chrome?... or better... how do you guys get the chrome dust needed to all this expencive recipes?

I'm sorry for my bad gramar... but english is not my main language.

Honza8D

Jul 29, 2019
check NEI, from what i remember it can be extracted from redstone dust, and that can be extracted from glowstone

Unium

Jul 29, 2019
Will do... but i had look every single wiki and page about that and the only source i got was from rubys... maybe its because if you take the ore and macerate you'll get 2 dust instead of 1.

Let me go check it out.

tks

Reactions: Drazuam

Poppycocks

Jul 29, 2019
Also, you only actually need 16 advanced casings to be able to smelt tungsten. That's 40 chrome. Which is 360 rubies. 5.625 stacks :D. Getting more rubies might be the fastest way.

MilConDoin

Jul 29, 2019
Also, you only actually need 16 advanced casings to be able to smelt tungsten. That's 40 chrome. Which is 360 rubies. 5.625 stacks :D. Getting more rubies might be the fastest way.
You only need 6 advanced casings, because if you fill the central two spots with lava, the total heat will rise by 250 each.

raiju

Jul 29, 2019
You also don't need tungsten to make the matter fabricators look at the alternatives.

Icarus White

Jul 29, 2019
That said, the fact that you can get tungsten out of lava makes for a few renewable (if insanely high-tier) recipes, most notably the tungsten cutting blades.