Mindcrack + Mystcraft

Status
Not open for further replies.

Fearlessagent

Jul 29, 2019
I know I'm not the only one that has added Mystcraft to the Mindcrack Pack, so I'm sure plenty of people have come across the same issue I did. I started age jumping to discover symbols and one of my ages put me in a infinite crash cycle. I was stuck in a corrupt age/world, with symbols:
Medium Biomes, Meadow Biome, Forested Hills Biome, Ice Plains Biome, Charged, Skylands, Wooden Tendrils, Ravines, Dark, Eternal Rain, Normal Time, Flat.

I forgot to save the crash log, but if anyone is interested, I can get it if you really want it.
I've seen a few other posts having this issue, plus I figure more people would have had this issue that just haven't posted. There's a way to fix it, so I'll share in case it is useful to someone thinking their world is corrupt.

Since the problem is really just located within the world, I just used an NBT editor to change my dimension and position back to my spawn point. Here's an example of what I changed:

CUrWGIg.png

Dimension:6 --> Dimension:0
SpawnX,SpawnY,SpawnZ are your coordinates for your last bedspawn. Replace these in order in the Pos category.

I hope this is useful to anyone who has a similar problem.

Creeperologist

Jul 29, 2019
just pointing this out but nbt editor as last I heard corrupts modded worlds

as well as I've seen there is an issue on my current server where when mystcraft is installed if a animal walks into a nether portal the whole server crashes, that may be what you are experiencing

Nessiroj

Jul 29, 2019

as well as I've seen there is an issue on my current server where when mystcraft is installed if a animal walks into a nether portal the whole server crashes, that may be what you are experiencing

Your sure it's NBT explorer? haven't heard anything about that only from MCEdit

Fearlessagent

Jul 29, 2019

No, I've had many animals walk into my nether portal. It was specifically when I enter that specific age that I mentioned (Age 6 when age-hopping). Also, I've been using NBTedit with modded minecraft for a very long time and haven't had a problem with it.

Nessiroj

Jul 29, 2019
Does the error of age 6 include a marble generation? Cause thats a know bug, no fix yet, only to delete the world and recreate it.

Fearlessagent

Jul 29, 2019
Does the error of age 6 include a marble generation? Cause thats a know bug, no fix yet, only to delete the world and recreate it.
Ah, didn't know about that bug.
It doesn't explicitly say that as a symbol on the book, but its quite likely that's what it is since I think I remember the crash log being RP2 related. Does the world automatically regenerate if you delete the world the player is in? Just curious since I solved it as I explained in the OP, then just never touched the book again.

Nessiroj

Jul 29, 2019
Your referring to this kind of error i presume :)
Code:
2013-01-24 22:33:37 [INFO] [STDERR] at com.eloraam.redpower.world.WorldGenMarble.searchBlock(WorldGenMarble.java:32)
2013-01-24 22:33:37 [INFO] [STDERR] at com.eloraam.redpower.world.WorldGenMarble.a(WorldGenMarble.java:65)
2013-01-24 22:33:37 [INFO] [STDERR] at com.eloraam.redpower.world.WorldGenHandler.generate(WorldGenHandler.java:117)
2013-01-24 22:33:37 [INFO] [STDERR] at cpw.mods.fml.common.registry.GameRegistry.generateWorld(GameRegistry.java:90)

The solution is to move the player out of that age (with NBTedit) then delete the age folder from the server. Destroy the book and write a new one.

Fearlessagent

Jul 29, 2019
Your referring to this kind of error i presume :)
Code:
2013-01-24 22:33:37 [INFO] [STDERR] at com.eloraam.redpower.world.WorldGenMarble.searchBlock(WorldGenMarble.java:32)
2013-01-24 22:33:37 [INFO] [STDERR] at com.eloraam.redpower.world.WorldGenMarble.a(WorldGenMarble.java:65)
2013-01-24 22:33:37 [INFO] [STDERR] at com.eloraam.redpower.world.WorldGenHandler.generate(WorldGenHandler.java:117)
2013-01-24 22:33:37 [INFO] [STDERR] at cpw.mods.fml.common.registry.GameRegistry.generateWorld(GameRegistry.java:90)

The solution is to move the player out of that age (with NBTedit) then delete the age folder from the server. Destroy the book and write a new one.

Hmmm, possibly. I dont have the log anymore since I already did that and didn't save the crash log. I didn't see this solution posted anywhere so I decided to post how I solved it just in case.

Status
Not open for further replies.