Mindcrack Lag Complaints? Optimizing FTB Servers

• FTB will be shutting down this forum by the end of July. To participate in our community discussions, please join our Discord! https://ftb.team/discord

UgLounge

Jul 29, 2019
So I own a Mindcrack V7 Server, and I can't help but notice the large amount of complaints regarding lag.
Most of the time it seems to be client-side, but the server is rather resource heavy. With around 20+
folks online, chances are the server will lag.

We rent through EnviousHost and at one point upgraded to their 4GB plan (which is the highest offered),
but that showed us the issue was tied to the CPU as opposed to the RAM. So what makes FTB/Mindcrack so CPU intensive? How are you guys keeping your servers low in lag without overloading the CPU?

All help, experience, and advice is appreciated. :)

Sir_Moodz

Jul 29, 2019
Are you using the minecraft server gui? If you are, add nogui at the end of your server.bat file, this reduces cpu use by alot, on my small server it goes from 30% to 1% cpu use when empty, and just add 5% with 1 player.

Greevir

Jul 29, 2019
You really think this needed 2 separate threads? Anyways, check your server console for any kind of error spam, eliminate some chunk loaders, cut down on the mystcraft worlds, stop building 64x64 quarries, the list goes on. There are a number of things that can cause lag. Just pay attention to how your users are playing and disable/enable things as needed.

UgLounge

Jul 29, 2019
You really think this needed 2 separate threads? Anyways, check your server console for any kind of error spam, eliminate some chunk loaders, cut down on the mystcraft worlds, stop building 64x64 quarries, the list goes on. There are a number of things that can cause lag. Just pay attention to how your users are playing and disable/enable things as needed.

Wasn't sure where this should go, thus the two threads. My apologies.
First off, it is a Mindcrack Server. Mindcrack does not use Mystcraft.

@Sir_Moodz, we are renting through EnviousHost, and the server is handled through a Multicraft Control Panel. I'll look into what you mentioned though.

dudeno56

Jul 29, 2019
Could you email me your config file. I might be able to help you then, because I also have a FTB server, and I could compare the two. My email is [email protected], if not, try putting one or two people on at a time until you get lag to see where the lag zone is.

DZCreeper

Jul 29, 2019
Could you email me your config file. I might be able to help you then, because I also have a FTB server, and I could compare the two. My email is [email protected], if not, try putting one or two people on at a time until you get lag to see where the lag zone is.

Dude, the thread is over 4 months old! If he/she was still having issues I am sure they would have posted again by now.