Mindcrack and Mystcraft

• Please make sure you are posting in the correct place. Server ads go here and modpack bugs go here
  • FTB will be shutting down this forum by the end of July. To participate in our community discussions, please join our Discord! https://ftb.team/discord

ITzMi113R

Jul 29, 2019
Hi there im not sure if this question has been answered before but will Mystcraft make a return to the mindcrack mod pack in the next update?

Thanks Tommy

MilConDoin

Jul 29, 2019
I think I read somewhere, that it will added, as soon as mystcraft got updated. According to the DevBlog from XCompWiz, it shouldn't take too long anymore, but no date is given.

Guswut

Jul 29, 2019
The current version of Mystcraft works with the current version of Mindcrack, so feel free to not wait and install it yourself, eh?

Abdiel

Jul 29, 2019
I am (50/50) sure that the Mindcrack server members didn't want Mystcraft in their pack. If that is true, it will probably never be included.

KirinDave

Jul 29, 2019
I will never understand what "overpowered" means in Minecraft. It seems like definitions vary so wildly that everyone who uses it is basically using it to be insulting.

But leaving Mystcraft out of SMP packs is understandable; I know every time someone makes a new book on my dedicated EC2 m1.medium, it slows it down. Most people running servers do not devote nearly so much hardware to the game, so I can only imagine what happens to less well-endowed servers or factional servers as multiple parties try to independently discover the dense ores symbol.

slay_mithos

Jul 29, 2019
Well, they did agree to it when they were on the alpha pack, sure.

Since then, I have heard most of those I watched say that they would really like to have Mystcraft, but put limitations on it to prevent abuses.

KirinDave

Jul 29, 2019
Well, they did agree to it when they were on the alpha pack, sure.

Since then, I have heard most of those I watched say that they would really like to have Mystcraft, but put limitations on it to prevent abuses.

It'd be hugely improved by making the books much more expensive to craft.

Probably the ugliest interaction in the Direwolf20 pack is how much the inexpensive Linking Book recipe nerfs Twilight Forest difficulty. If you discipline yourself not to use them, TF becomes 10x more fun in my opinion. An actual exploration mode.

Well, that and the macerator blaze rod exploit.

Malkuth

Jul 29, 2019
Could of sworn they did a vote.. And said no... To the yells of a few of the Mindcrackers that do want it.

Zelfana

Jul 29, 2019
They already have portal guns which are OP enough for teleportation. And it's also a server lag issue with the ages. The current mechanic of requiring creation of multiple ages isn't exactly server friendly.

Linking books are way too cheap and the drawback that they drop on the ground can be prevented with bookstands that are similarly way too cheap. And not being able to link within the same dimension can be gone around quite easily by taking a linking book to a hub in another dimension with you. Link Modifier is expensive but not necessary due to these solutions possible within the mod itself.

And dense ores can't be balanced at all, the concept itself is unbalanced no matter what you put in to hinder the player as there is always the Q suit and Gravi Chest to prevent death, and the simple linking book back home from ANYWHERE. And even if you prevent teleporting out you could just dump your stuff into an Ender Pouch.

But I think this topic might warrant a lock since question answered and discussion is happening elsewhere already.

Malkuth

Jul 29, 2019
Guud been updating the server I guess last few weeks.. Some of the Mindcrackers have already mentioned how much better it is.. But still think they voted it down..
Portal guns are an OP thing.. But nowhere near as OP as mystcraft. I like mystcraft though.. which is why I play DW.

But whats not really overpowered in FTB anyway.. I can name off a dozen things x40 and start all kinds of trouble.. but won't.

Reactions: Confidential1207

bwillb

Jul 29, 2019
Hopefully they'll reevaluate it after it is updated, since it should be a bit more balanced since you have to loot/buy symbols. Really though I can't see them being too worried about balance, since balance is already pretty bad given things such as the gravitation engine and ultimate solar helmet.

KirinDave

Jul 29, 2019
Hopefully they'll reevaluate it after it is updated, since it should be a bit more balanced since you have to loot/buy symbols. Really though I can't see them being too worried about balance, since balance is already pretty bad given things such as the gravitation engine and ultimate solar helmet.

If you make the gravitation engine in Gregtech hardmode all balance concerns are off. That is a serious undertaking. Sort of like the people who had swiftwolf's without collectors to prove a point, you just throw up a picture of Neil Van De GrassTyson and move on.

Abdiel

Jul 29, 2019
I will never understand what "overpowered" means in Minecraft. It seems like definitions vary so wildly that everyone who uses it is basically using it to be insulting.

More powerful than the mod author/server admin/player wants it to be.

Jhyn

Jul 29, 2019
Yeah but given the platinum duping trick they were abusing heartily before it was fixed...
Yeah but just hop in the end with a jetpack, easy 4 stacks of sheldonite after an hour, set for a whole bunch of hybrids

jnads

Jul 29, 2019
Yeah but given the platinum duping trick they were abusing heartily before it was fixed...
If you want to get into flat out cheating, there's many other duping tricks: *cough*Canvas_bag_that_eloraam_will_never_fix*cough*

The platinum "rich slag" trick (not really duping), involved mining 24 ores to get enough rich slag to make 1 iridium. That's still 3,200 raw ores for a Gravisuit.

Reactions: Scaffolding