[Mindcrack 1.4.7] Unconventional tree farms?

• Please make sure you are posting in the correct place. Server ads go here and modpack bugs go here

PoisonWolf

Jul 29, 2019
Hi folks,

Does anyone know of any unconventional tree farm methods? I know there are easy ways such as steve carts, etc. But I'm looking for something unconventional.

So far, I've tried a Filler + Logger but it doesn't work too well (Filler only puts one sapling down, and the sapling doesn't grow because it is next to the filler)).

I dont even mind if it's just one tree at a time, as long as it supports 3x3 girth (e.g., sequoia trees).

PoisonWolf

Jul 29, 2019
Logger+Turtle?

I do like the idea of a turtle...but are there alternatives? My server reboots daily, which makes the turtle stop. Lol.

I'm just trying to figure out how to automate a 3x3 tree. I know that the logger will be once piece of it (I'll have multiple and various heights, given the tree height). Just not sure how I'd go about planting the saplings down, given the annoying 3x3 girth.

Some sort of funky deployer + extending/retracting pistons?

Meh, maybe a turtle is the easiest.

Any and all ideas/suggestions are welcome.

CapturetheBomb

Jul 29, 2019
You can modify the program to boot on startup. Create a GPS system, so no matter where the turtle was, it will go back to it's designated spot and then begin the program.

PoisonWolf

Jul 29, 2019
You can modify the program to boot on startup. Create a GPS system, so no matter where the turtle was, it will go back to it's designated spot and then begin the program.

Thanks!

I also found out that filler + saplings work in SMP, but not SSP.....What? Lol.

So I guess this post is moot now! Hurray for sequoia tree farms. I hope that it works!

Yusunoha

Jul 29, 2019
use 2 tool dynanisms from tinker's construct, one with bonemeal, and the other with a dartcraft axe with lumberjack and repair on it. set up a redstone clock for both of them and use golems to keep the bonemeal one stocked.
whenever a tree grows, and the axe dynanism gets a redstone pulse, it will chop down the entire tree. you can then use golems to pick up the drops.

it's so unconventional I haven't even tried this to find out if it even works...

Wekmor

Jul 29, 2019
You could move a deployer with frames a few blocks forward, let it deploy, move it back. But this on a timer. :D
Not really needed, but pretty cool :D

Zjarek_S

Jul 29, 2019
I had a tree farm in 1.4.7, which used deployers for saplings in 2x2 pattern (walnut). I tested if tree grew using redstone signal at level 2 on a timer passing through tree blocks, because tree growth didn't cause redstone update in second block from the ground, so normal repeater method didn't work. This signal activated deployers with mining well for just enough time to cut down to the soil level and then mining well was broken by block breaker and saplings were deployed. I used golems to collect saplings from the ground level, but obsidian pipes with REC on a timer would also work.