Mind Puzzle: What came first, the chicken or the egg?

Mind Puzzle - What came first, the chicken or the egg?

• The Chicken

Votes: 19 61.3%
  • The Egg

Votes: 12 38.7%

• Total voters

Sky Noble

Jul 29, 2019
Hello everybody,

Got a Mind Puzzle here for you - What came first, the chicken or the egg?
Comment below your opinion and/or vote in the poll - we'll see what the majority says!
(I think the Chicken believing that God created us and we didn't evolve over the years creating chicken eggs)

/\ -That's just my opinion, yours may be different!

Here goes,

Reactions: Padfoote

PeggleFrank

Jul 29, 2019
I do believe the egg came first.

However it evolved (didn't it come from dinosaurs or something?) it must have slowly evolved into something chicken-like. I'm not entirely sure how it was born, either via egg or via more... direct, means, but I'm assuming that it didn't change how it reproduced very much over time and that it probably came from eggs from the very start. And it gets cut off eventually, because it wouldn't be classified as a 'chicken' by today's standards.

So, I'm assuming something chicken-like layed eggs and eventually turned into something that looks like a chicken over time. The egg may not have come first, but by our definition of a 'chicken', it must have.

Chickens adapt and evolve.
Eggs don't.

EDIT: Darn, I can't remember what I was about to add. I had some really old smart @$$ answer to this where it was neither, but I can't remember the details.

wolfsilver00

Jul 29, 2019
Neither, monocelular beings were the first :p

And if we're going for the evolving creature... I think eggs.. Cause it's easier to believe that a rock magically transformed into an egg than to believe that a chiken spawned in mid air (unless we play with minecraft rules, then it's all possible except rounded objects)

Reactions: ApSciLiara

VikeStep

Jul 29, 2019
I do believe the egg came first.

However it evolved (didn't it come from dinosaurs or something?) it must have slowly evolved into something chicken-like. I'm not entirely sure how it was born, either via egg or via more... direct, means, but I'm assuming that it didn't change how it reproduced very much over time and that it probably came from eggs from the very start. And it gets cut off eventually, because it wouldn't be classified as a 'chicken' by today's standards.

So, I'm assuming something chicken-like layed eggs and eventually turned into something that looks like a chicken over time. The egg may not have come first, but by our definition of a 'chicken', it must have.

Chickens adapt and evolve.
Eggs don't.

EDIT: Darn, I can't remember what I was about to add. I had some really old smart @$$ answer to this where it was neither, but I can't remember the details.

This made me remember something
SNN2525GX1_475740a.jpg

Anyways chicken came first, my reasoning is that a chicken can't be born without an egg and chickens may have been evolved from something else....like trex-s for example

ApSciLiara

Jul 29, 2019
Tiny animals have been squeezing out of eggs for far longer than chickens have.
Therefore, egg came first.

Sent from my remote island using smoke signals

Reactions: PeggleFrank

the_j485

King of the Wicked
Dec 19, 2012
Look behind you
I suppose you're right Morgs, and I believe that the egg came first, from an evolutionary perspective, like PeggleFrank says.

I think we need clarification. Sky? do you mean any egg, or a chicken egg. Although thinking about it like that, could an almost-chicken giving birth to a full chicken give birth to a full chicken egg, or an almost-chicken egg? Hrmm...:confused:

PeggleFrank

Jul 29, 2019
I suppose you're right Morgs, and I believe that the egg came first, from an evolutionary perspective, like PeggleFrank says.

I think we need clarification. Sky? do you mean any egg, or a chicken egg. Although thinking about it like that, could an almost-chicken giving birth to a full chicken give birth to a full chicken egg, or an almost-chicken egg? Hrmm...:confused:

Full chicken egg.
That or maybe it's a mix.
There's something about mixing genes in biology that I never really listened to.
Probably wasn't important.
...Probably.

Sky Noble

Jul 29, 2019

I'm referring to the chicken egg, but that is a good point! :)

mathjazz

Jul 29, 2019
So, either the chicken evolved from something that was not a chicken, in which case there was a first chicken and its egg was the first egg, or God created the first chicken. If God created the first chicken, then he either created it as a hatched chicken, or he created it as an egg.
This means that there are four combinations of events (evolved vs created fully formed) and (egg first vs chicken first). And of these, evolved and chicken first imply that the first chicken's egg came first, which is a contradiction.
So I say that there is a 66% chance that the egg came first and 33% that the chicken did.

whizzball1

Jul 29, 2019
I'll say chicken because God created them first.
And if the egg came first, what would incubate it?