Solved Migration Error

• Tech Support section is for getting help with FTB related problems. If there's a repeatable issue that can be labeled as a bug, then please use the issue tracker for the pack or the app at GitHub issue trackers - If there's no repository for a pack that means that the pack is old and/or will not be updated. Bugs for older packs will not be fixed, unless they are critical.

crnx

Mar 25, 2021
After installing the FTB Launcher I got a message to migrate some data. After clicking yes a new messaged popped up stating a Migration Error and a link to a created errorlog.

In this link you will find the reason for this error.

What i had to do:
In line 28 the error cause is stated. The file settings.json couldnt be migrated. To fix this I just created new path (marked green) and just moved the file from the red marked old path.

Attachments

• errorlog.jpg
    errorlog.jpg
    380.8 KB · Views: 151

AnKaya

Mar 25, 2021
i have thge same issue but i dont know how to fix it.. i cant follow your solution and dont uderstand it (new to pc)

Quetzi

Jack of All Trades
Retired Staff
Aug 20, 2012
quetzi.tv
i have thge same issue but i dont know how to fix it.. i cant follow your solution and dont uderstand it (new to pc)

The way to solve this is to create a bin folder inside your .ftba folder, the location of this will be in your logs if you can't find it.

Radien

Mar 26, 2021
I fixed this by going to C:\Users\YourUser\.ftba\bin and deleting the file that was there. not sure if it was the right route but it worked.