MFR Rubber tree Saplings grow into Oak trees?

• Please make sure you are posting in the correct place. Server ads go here and modpack bugs go here

AlanEsh

Jul 29, 2019
Hey all,

Has anyone else experienced this? I cut and harvest saplings from the MFR mod's rubber trees, the saplings say "RUBBER" in their name, I plant them, and every single one grows into an Oak tree.

Overall problem, or something wonky on that particular server?

Thanks!

slay_mithos

Jul 29, 2019
I do work with those in SSP, and have planted a few in a server, and they do grow as rubber trees.

Just not the IC2 rubber trees, but the ones that drop 1 resin per log you cut from a tree that has grown.

If cutting it after growing it gives you oak wood, then something is wrong in a config somewhere.

Reactions: AlanEsh

AlanEsh

Jul 29, 2019
OK i'll let the server owner know. These grow into oak trees which when cut produce oak logs. They also drop apples and oak saplings :p

Saice

Jul 29, 2019
Ive actually seen this randomly a few time with any sappling.

I was testing out some set ups to learn MFR on a test world and yeah... Randomly over about 200 test trees a few randomly grew as oak instead of the sapling in use. Not really sure why. I did double check but clearly I had spruce two into oak twice and had it happen three times with birch. But I had no issues with the MFR rubber trees though.

AlanEsh

Jul 29, 2019
Crazy! Well, my test included planting 3 of them and seeing all 3 become Oak.
My second test included planting 8 of them and seeing all 8 become Oak.

I didn't feel like test #3 was needed :p

Saice

Jul 29, 2019
Crazy! Well, my test included planting 3 of them and seeing all 3 become Oak.
My second test included planting 8 of them and seeing all 8 become Oak.

I didn't feel like test #3 was needed :p

Sure and I'm sure there is some weirdness going on. Just letting you know I had not had much of an issue with it.

KirinDave

Jul 29, 2019
Just FYI, I had a problem with item conflicts that caused something very much like this. Sometimes they're hard to spot amidst the damn GregTech spam as ForgeOreDictionary flips out into the console.

Reactions: Chocorate

power crystals

Jul 29, 2019
I've had this reported a few times and I haven't the faintest idea what causes it, so if somebody ever finds a solid cause (and it's not just some weird ID conflict or whatever) please report it to my github.

AlanEsh

Jul 29, 2019
OK we tested this more...

The Rubber saplings always grow into rubber trees when we bonemeal them.
The Rubber saplings grow into rubber trees when we let them grow naturally in a couple of biomes (don't remember which).
The Rubber saplings grow into Oak trees 100% of the time when we let them grow naturally in a Swampland biome.

power crystals

Jul 29, 2019
OK we tested this more...

The Rubber saplings always grow into rubber trees when we bonemeal them.
The Rubber saplings grow into rubber trees when we let them grow naturally in a couple of biomes (don't remember which).
The Rubber saplings grow into Oak trees 100% of the time when we let them grow naturally in a Swampland biome.

I tried this and I got a rubber tree. I can only assume some other mod is interfering because I'm extending the base sapling class but I have no idea what nor really the time to start installing and removing random mods and watching for trees to grow. That or being in 1.5 magically fixed it.

Sorry I can't be of more help.

slay_mithos

Jul 29, 2019
I think part of the problem comes from Vanilla, or one of the mods that were here since the beta version of FTB pack.

I remember having oak trees grow from autumn forest trees (extra biomes xl) every now and then.
Pretty rare, but happens.
Also seems to happen with birch, and someone said on other trees as well.

If it is vanilla, I think you can't do much about it, apart from trying to fix it and asking Forge to include the fix.

AlanEsh

Jul 29, 2019
Can't say I've noticed it with other types of saplings, but I don't plant a lot of trees other than Oak normally.

Further testing by another player last night showed some of the Rubber saplings turning into Oak trees in biomes other than Swampland; but the frequency was much lower -- like 2 or 3 of ten.

AlanEsh

Jul 29, 2019
Sorry I don't know. Is there a way I can check as a player? If not I will have to ask the owner.

Jul 29, 2019
Does your server run MCPC+?

I think I have a similar problem, and I am running MCPC+ (Legacy 1.4.7-R1.1-SNAPSHOT-f534-L8), with FTB Ultimate 1.01, minecraft 1.4.7. I just started the server a few days ago so I have only just noticed this issue now.

In the "PLAINS" biome, the MFR rubber saplings (ID 3124) naturally grow into oak trees (tested on 4, none grew into rubber trees), but when I bonemeal, they do grow into rubber trees (tested 5, all grew properly).

I also tried bonemealing saplings in "ICE_PLAINS" and "Snowy Rainforest" and got proper rubber tree growth. I tested it on the different damage values of rubber sapling (there are 4 for some reason) and received the same result.

I also tried bonemealing an IC2 rubber sapling, which grew fine, and for kicks I tried a couple of ExtraBiomes saplings (seemed fine except walnut), and silverwood (didn't grow, but I'm not yet familiar with Thaumcraft)

DRH1469

Jul 29, 2019
I think I have a similar problem, and I am running MCPC+ (Legacy 1.4.7-R1.1-SNAPSHOT-f534-L8), with FTB Ultimate 1.01, minecraft 1.4.7. I just started the server a few days ago so I have only just noticed this issue now.

In the "PLAINS" biome, the MFR rubber saplings (ID 3124) naturally grow into oak trees (tested on 4, none grew into rubber trees), but when I bonemeal, they do grow into rubber trees (tested 5, all grew properly).

I also tried bonemealing saplings in "ICE_PLAINS" and "Snowy Rainforest" and got proper rubber tree growth. I tested it on the different damage values of rubber sapling (there are 4 for some reason) and received the same result.

I also tried bonemealing an IC2 rubber sapling, which grew fine, and for kicks I tried a couple of ExtraBiomes saplings (seemed fine except walnut), and silverwood (didn't grow, but I'm not yet familiar with Thaumcraft)

Silverwood trees need a Hoe Of Growth I believe?(Correct me if I am wrong...)

b0bst3r

Jul 29, 2019
Reason I asked if you ran MCPC+ is because we do and have this problem and I put it down to MCPC+ since it alters the world dynamics somewhat.

Hobby boy

Jul 29, 2019
I've noticed this same bug on the Ultimate server that I play on, which has all mods enabled apart from XyCraft, and has Mo Creatures installed. Every time I plant a MFR rubber tree and wait for it to grow, it always turns into an Oak tree, but if I bonemeal it, its a MFR rubber tree. The server is running MCPC+.

Aeslehc

Jul 29, 2019
I have this problem, and I too reckon its some weird interaction with MCPC+ since the problem only started when I upgraded the server to MCPC+