MFR biofuel question

Lonewolf187

Jul 29, 2019
Can the biofuel from the MFR Bio reactor be used to fuel a boiler? Or can it only be used in the Bio-fuel generator? If it can be used in a boiler how does it compare to Forestry ethanol?

sks0315

Jul 29, 2019
MFR unifier can exchange biofuel to and from ethanol , So I think it would work (not sure though)

rrr666

Jul 29, 2019
yes yes it can run it through the unifier and it will work just fine though I haven't been able to find a good set up to get the Bio reactor to produce enough to run a boil (36hp)

Daemonblue

Jul 29, 2019
It burns at the same rate as other forms of biofuel such as that from Forestry. This means as long as you have enough to keep up with the fuel demand of a boiler you can use it. It seems to only be able to produce 1mb/t though so keep that in mind.

Now if only GT's distillery didn't require cells so you could pump the liquids directly into it and out of it -_-

Peppe

Jul 29, 2019
Reactor makes enough biofuel to run 2 full HP boilers.

Very easy to run 8 reactors with just a 9x9 of each farmable.
Carrots
Potatoes
Netherwart
Cocoa
Cactus greens
Pumpkin seeds
Melon seeds
All grow in bulk and don't use much power to harvest.

I use saplings to get the full 9 item efficiency. Mushrooms with fertilizer would work.

iconmaster

Jul 29, 2019
Forestry Ethanol and MFR Biofuel are interchangable; both can be put into a boiler. For quick and easy MJ production, I use MRF BioFuel Generators (at 16 MJ/t, they're superior in high enough numbers), although they're probably still beaten out by using it for steam.

Jakeb

Jul 29, 2019
As others have said, you can run it in a boiler, but it is more energy efficient to run it in a biofuel generator. The biofuel generator runs at 16 mj/t for 100000 ticks, so it should produce around 1.6 million mj. I doubt you could get 1/4 that much energy using it in a boiler.

Zjarek_S

Jul 29, 2019
As others have said, you can run it in a boiler, but it is more energy efficient to run it in a biofuel generator. The biofuel generator runs at 16 mj/t for 100000 ticks, so it should produce around 1.6 million mj. I doubt you could get 1/4 that much energy using it in a boiler.

It produces in total 160 000 MJ, boiler or combustion engines are more efficient.

Jakeb

Jul 29, 2019
I know of a way to find out, brb :p

Yup, it's 16mj/t for 10,000 ticks, not 100,000. So it indeed would burn better even in a boiler.

Huh, guess I was wrong. Hard to read the little text that nei plugins provides sometimes. :)

LordPeasant

Jul 29, 2019
dunno if this helps but burning the biofuel in the biofuel generator only produces 160k MJ whilst burning the same amount in a forestry biogas engine produces 200k MJ

Larandar

Jul 29, 2019
HP Boiler are some of the more efficient way to produce energy when heated. But since CJ and player nerf biogas/ethanol energy production by 4 in 1.6, need some math.

Edit: I have done all math. Will post in a sec.