Metallurgy in Horizons

• Please make sure you are posting in the correct place. Server ads go here and modpack bugs go here

AlexUbel

Jul 29, 2019
How dependent on Metallurgy is the ore gen in Horizons? I don't really care to use it and am wondering if it will impact my world too much if I take it out.

Zenthon_127

Jul 29, 2019
It really depends on how much Metallurgy stuff you're using and if the pack is using TE ores or not.

Although, I don't think you'll want to take Metallurgy out if you're at all interested in TiC tools.

Tristam Izumi

Jul 29, 2019
Going by this thread, I would say you'd need to re-enable tin and copper from TE3's configs. Past that, it looks like TE3 was already controlling silver, lead, and nickel/ferrous ore gen. Past that, the only sure-fire way would be to remove it, make sure TE3 is generating tin and copper, then testing a world.

Reactions: Odovbold

AlexUbel

Jul 29, 2019
Thanks for the advise guys. I think I'm just going to leave it as is and just store the ores I don't need.

RedBoss

Jul 29, 2019
Metallurgy metals are very useful. Nost have enchantability higher than diamond and the high tier armor is amazing. I'd check it out and not just leave it in a chest ;)

tedyhere

Jul 29, 2019
You can always disable certain parts such as MetallurgyUtility.cfg It includes the bitumen and other utility style ores, but all the ores are useful. Manganese + Iron = Steel And yes most of the metals are high enchantability and some have affects when made into armor or weapons.

Metallurgy Metals and Alloys worksheet

That should give you some info about things

Yusunoha

Jul 29, 2019
Metallurgy metals are very useful. Nost have enchantability higher than diamond and the high tier armor is amazing. I'd check it out and not just leave it in a chest ;)

I haven't checked much of metallurgy yet, there's just soooo many ores to figure out.
though it'd be nice if metallurgy would only add a few ores to the world generation, and you've have to combine those ores to get new types of metals, like how Tinker's Construct does. it'd need some good ingame documentation though, or a NEI plugin that can tell you how to craft all the metals

Reactions: Cirom

tedyhere

Jul 29, 2019
it is NEI integrated, press U over a metal or ore and keep hitting U over each piece to dig deeper and deeper

twisto51

Jul 29, 2019
Don't write off the utility ores too soon. If you do any rotarycraft you might appreciate having another way to get gunpowder. ;)

Reactions: RedBoss

RedBoss

Jul 29, 2019
I haven't checked much of metallurgy yet, there's just soooo many ores to figure out.
though it'd be nice if metallurgy would only add a few ores to the world generation, and you've have to combine those ores to get new types of metals, like how Tinker's Construct does. it'd need some good ingame documentation though, or a NEI plugin that can tell you how to craft all the metals
I believe 1.7 will see a huge decrease in the amount of worldgen ores. In the meantime RR users have been enjoying using metallurgy metals as TiCo tools for quite a while! :p

Yusunoha

Jul 29, 2019
I believe 1.7 will see a huge decrease in the amount of worldgen ores. In the meantime RR users have been enjoying using metallurgy metals as TiCo tools for quite a while! :p

haha, yea, I've seen some of the modifiers some metals can give :p