Melee Turtle Question

• Please make sure you are posting in the correct place. Server ads go here and modpack bugs go here

Golrith

Over-Achiever
Trusted User
Nov 11, 2012
Using these turtles and the good old

while true do
turtle.attack()
sleep(1)
end

the turtles are collecting the mob drops, even though I have a row of transposers in front of them. For my own sanity, I checked DW20's map with his blaze spawn, and yep, he hasn't noticed the same problem, his turtles are collecting the Blaze rods.

I filled the turtles inventory with crud, which results in the turtles spitting out the items out their back. So naturally, I moved the transposers behind them. This partially works, as they can spit items out beyond the transposers (which are unpowered).

Is there some way of telling the turtles to cycle through their inventory, and spit out items in front of themselves, so that the items will enter the transposers in front of them?
The water that pushes the mobs to the turtles does flow over the transposers, is this the problem? Do turtles always pick up any item that get's close to them, or is this an inbuilt feature of the attack()?

TIA

Golrith

Over-Achiever
Trusted User
Nov 11, 2012
thanks, combined with turtle.select(slot) that should do the trick nicely.

Bibble

Jul 29, 2019
I had a similar issue with my combined mob farm. I redid the program to cycle and drop, but it hit the speed too much (4 turtles and multiple T5 spawners). Eventually, I just had sorting machines pulling all of it out.

vineet

Jul 29, 2019
So what would the code be for the turtles to drop the iteams ( with the attack code)

Golrith

Over-Achiever
Trusted User
Nov 11, 2012
As long as there are transposers in front of the turtles use:

while true do
turtle.attack()
sleep(1)
turtle.select(1)
turtle.drop()
turtle.select(2)
turtle.drop()
turtle.select(3)
turtle.drop()
turtle.select(4)
turtle.drop()
end
I put junk in the other slots, so a turtle only has 4 slots. Works fine with a single T5 spawner
If you wanted all 16 slots, would be better to put a for.next loop in there, I just don't know (yet) the syntax for lua to do that.