Mek Digial Miner + Rock Hives

• Please make sure you are posting in the correct place. Server ads go here and modpack bugs go here

Kiliad1981

Jul 29, 2019
I know they can be dug up with the miner if specified to, however I cannot find Rock Hives in the ore dictionary. So I would have to put a hive in the item filter. Does anyone know what to type in to get the Rock Hive (might not be in dictionary)

I dont have Vajras on the server to pick up hives so kinda sucks :(

Middleclaw

Apr 12, 2014
The ID is 1374:1 (according to NEI in Agrarian Skies). Not sure about other modpacks.

Vaeliorin

Jul 29, 2019
The only way I've managed to do it is to is to use the inverted mode, and just blacklist everything I don't want it to mine. Be careful, though, as when you do this it'll mine things that aren't normally able to be mined, such as bedrock, buildcraft springs, and gascraft shale.

Adonis0

Jul 29, 2019
I'll let you in on my little secret

Choose a smallish area that you know has a rock hive in it
Get it to mine out everything you can think of (without using just * for one of the fields)
so, I tend to put in things like
stone
ore*
and whatever else you need to mop up, like marble for instance

once that's done, turn it onto silk touch mode, and put in the ore dict field *
That will define literally everything

then, once you've got your nice little hive block, you can use the item definition for your miner for now on

Kiliad1981

Jul 29, 2019

Get it to mine out everything you can think of (without using just * for one of the fields)
stone
ore*

then, once you've got your nice little hive block, you can use the item definition for your miner for now on

Genius thank you :D

I probably would cheat one in middleclaw but I dont have admin rights heh

We must be using different versions Scarecrow because it doesnt work for me :(

RedBoss

Jul 29, 2019

stone
ore*

Or set filters for everything that can be mined except for the hive, and set the config to inverse

Vaeliorin

Jul 29, 2019
Or set filters for everything that can be mined except for the hive, and set the config to inverse
That can, of course, be kind of tricky. I remember the first time I tried inverse mode and it ended up pulling all my ladders and torches out of my strip mine (I usually just mine until I can build the digital miner, and then let it do the rest of my mining for me.) Never occurred to me that it would mine those.