Medieval fantasy roleplay anyone?

• FTB will be shutting down this forum by the end of July. To participate in our community discussions, please join our Discord! https://ftb.team/discord

Rhsolyn

Jul 29, 2019
Rhsolyn, tall as she was, was way ahead of the others. "Come on, hurry up or we'll never make it!" she calls back. "Easy for you to say..." Trillium mumbles.

duckfan77

Popular Member
Mar 18, 2013
Meanwhile Darkflame was getting ready for their arrival, removing the fire, and making chairs so that they could sit.

dgdas9

Jul 29, 2019
At the same time, not too far away, Markhu and Romen (Ines is resting) are flying around, seeking for mice.

fergcraft

Jul 29, 2019
I would like to try my hand at this since I've never roll played but be patient I will try.
Character form (the more characters the better):just going to start with one for now
Name: Fergus
Race (Like are they a human, dwarf, elf, what?): Half troll/half ogre
Class (Are they a king? A warrior? A peasant?): warrior but some metal smithing and dabbles in tinkering
Physical description (Make sure they fit the race, I don't want any tall dwarves or fat elves): 8ft tall 6ft wide. not much to look at but built like a mountain. resistant to magic and has regeneration
Personality: a friendly quiet soul and is easily distracted but would crush an army to save or protect his friends.
Brief history: has wandered the world since troll's and ogre's are not the nurturing type but is not accepted with either of those races looked upon as a freak by both races. He is not accepted into either tribes since he isn't one or the other. usually shun's villages since most races view him as a monster since most troll's/ogres are warmongers and tend to eat or raid villages. forced to wander from place to place with no place that offered acceptence.
Single? (We like the ranger dudes to get with the elf maidens in this roleplay ;3) lost wanderer

duckfan77

Popular Member
Mar 18, 2013
(OOC) does anyone have plans for things to happen in the tower, if not something to the effect of "after the long climb, they finaly reached the top" could be used, I just don't want to control other people's characters.

GPuzzle

Jul 29, 2019
OOC: The quest leads to there (possibly involving an epic battle) and Euphy's sister is there.
Goddamnit, read some posts, they have a lot of backstory information.

duckfan77

Popular Member
Mar 18, 2013
(OOC) I have, haven't you, Darkflame lives at the top of the tower. I was wondering if people had plans for the actual climbing of the tower.

Rhsolyn

Jul 29, 2019
(OOC) Nah, we'll just climb the tower forever.

(IC) They finally reach the top. Even Rhsolyn is tired by then. They look around. It was a pretty small room for a dragon to live in, with one window and one door. There was a strange painting, it didn't seem to have anything on it at first, but on closer examination it was clear it was a map of somewhere. Probably enchanted to cause strangers to think it was a piece of junk.

the_j485

King of the Wicked
Dec 19, 2012
Look behind you
"Well, I'm sure the weird painting thing's lovely, but there's a dragon looking at us." Said Jurin, a little anxious, as he rarely fought without his mecha."
They looked up and down peered a HUGE Dragon, grey like the stone of the walls.

fergcraft

Jul 29, 2019
Fergus happened to have just left the town (and not by choice mind you) just before the fire drake had been their. Unsure if it was friend or foe he quietly hid in the woods to rush to the villages aide if need be even if they didn't accept him. He needed not have worried because before he could rush to help Jurin had rushed in with his mech and made short work of the drake. Curious about the dwarf's mech he followed not too close since elves have a strong sense of smell and neither ogre's nor troll's have a very pleasent smell. He followed them to the base of the tower. Seeing that the dwarfs mech wouldn't fit he knew their wasn't much chance of him fitting in himself. He wandered over to look at the mech. Knowing that dwarfs sometimes booby trapped their machines (he got quite the scar from the last one) he didn't touch it. Hoping the small group was all right he sat next to the mech to wait and see if they would return.

duckfan77

Popular Member
Mar 18, 2013
Darkflame the Bright said, "I will help you if you need it, I can supply some magic supplies, as well as a map. I can also help you by joining you, if you will let me. I can scout ahead, as well as remove light and spy your enemies."
Quarkish jumped in, "Hi, I'm Darkflame's assistant, you should really accept his help."
"Quarkish!" yelled Darkflame, "I told you not to do that! He is an idiot, I jsut haven't gotten around to replacing him yet," Darkflame told his guests.

the_j485

King of the Wicked
Dec 19, 2012
Look behind you
"Alright, ye'll come with us. Now, let's go back fucking down again."

At the bottom, they went out the door, with darkflame flying down from above, and suddenly they noticed a large troll thingy sitting by Jurin's mech."
"Hello!" It said.

Rhsolyn

Jul 29, 2019
Trillium acted with hostility. She didn't trust trolls, not since the 'accident.' She sent an arrow right above his head. "What do you want?" She asks, her voice full of poison.

GPuzzle

Jul 29, 2019
"He's not a troll, he's a troll the same way I am an elf." Said Euphy, calmly trying to reduce the tension. "Half troll, half ogre... Isn't it?"
"Yes."
"Have you heard about the Heavens?"
Euphy saw Kogie get a stronger grip on his swords. He was holding those like he was consumed by divine power. Maybe Cassie was affecting him. Probably not.
Kogie whispered to Rhsolyn:
"Milady, if this ogre/troll makes the slightest movement agains you, he'll be dead. No need to worry."
He then shouted to the ogre/troll:
"What are your plans? The reason you're exploring the world? Fame? Fortune? A second chance? A mission? The thrill of adventure? Awnser soon, or you'll die if you try to attack any of us."

duckfan77

Popular Member
Mar 18, 2013
"Don't attack!, He won't hurt us, he just wants to know what's going on here. I mean, there aren't may groups like ours around, right?" Darkflame exclaimed.

(OOC) Darkflame can read minds and speak with his mind. Mental conversations will be like this, with italics.

fergcraft

Jul 29, 2019
Fergus replied to the group in voice like james earl jones mixed with an avalanche. " Acceptance I have drawn no weapons and yet you threaten me. True that both races blood that flow through me are hostile I have learned that those who choose weapons first usually die first. so If you must kill me know this that more than one of you will die. I wish to join your quest if you would have me. If you will not have me I will go but make a move to attack and I will crush you."

duckfan77

Popular Member
Mar 18, 2013
"I say aye, for him joining us, what say the rest of you," said Darkflame. "I hope you are not angry that I read your mind, I just always keep my mond open, I promise not to read yours again if you don't want me to," Darkflame said to Fergus.

Rhsolyn

Jul 29, 2019
Rhsolyn ponders the advantages and disadvantages to having a half-troll with them. Trillium keeps her guard up, still not trusting. "Alright, I suppose you can come..." Rhsolyn says. "Isn't our party big enough? And what if he turns on us? I don't trust him," Trillium says.