Mechanics discussion: all about the grind

• Please make sure you are posting in the correct place. Server ads go here and modpack bugs go here

KingTriaxx

Forum Addict
Jul 27, 2013
Michigan
No derailing necessary. Direwolf showed it off in episode 2 of his new Server Play series. Now when essentia is distilled, it flows into available jars in the same manner the Infusion Altar pulls it. With the cool stream of stuff style of particle. Near the end if you want to see it in action.

I kind of hate skyblocks. Wait, that's not true. I find them insanely boring. The best kind of Skyblock to me is a one thick sand island. The moment you try to mine one, it updates and the whole thing vanishes into the void. And now you don't have to play a Skyblock. Yay. Ahem.

That said, starting on a world with almost nothing even more than vanilla, is very interesting as an idea. Regrowth is a mod pack that does this very well. It's a very hard start, but after a while, it becomes significantly easier to do things and eventually you're down to the challenges of the quests, instead of pure survival.

Reactions: Padfoote

Pyure

Not Totally Useless
Aug 14, 2013
Waterloo, Ontario
No derailing necessary. Direwolf showed it off in episode 2 of his new Server Play series. Now when essentia is distilled, it flows into available jars in the same manner the Infusion Altar pulls it. With the cool stream of stuff style of particle. Near the end if you want to see it in action.
AWesome. I watched PT1 after reading your initial post last night, will watch PT2 tonight :)

Sucks that its 1.8 specific tho.

Reactions: Type1Ninja

Saeko

Jul 29, 2019
Personally, i wouldnt call expert mode a grind. For me, a grind is more of the same, and therefore quickly gets boring.
However in expert, or at least in how i played it, you are always automating different machines and building differant networks for that purpose. People that does the tasks my machines do without building creative infrastructures probably find it boring but as the builder, i enjoy it.

Best part is, the simplest task is the most boring to do but also the simplest to automate!

Reactions: Azzanine

Azzanine

Jul 29, 2019
Yeah I kind of agree there, expert is no more grindy then the regular mode. However you do have to jump through more hoops. Maybe because I don't usually have any goals other then to build semi functional aesthetic builds. If all your goal was to get to some end game thing like say Draconic Evolution gear then yes; expert is way grindy.

Sent from my GT-I9100 using Tapatalk